Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake Water Clarity

After all this rain we have had, just wondering if somebody might have some input on water clarity at Green, has the lake been able to survive the rain and not muddy up? I plan on doing some night bass fishing this Thursday and wanted to know before I make the trip....Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody have any info?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teebass11 View Post
    Does anybody have any info?
    I haven't been there, but with the lake only a foot over pool (after 2" of rain) & the dam output level still in the 300's cfs .... I wouldn't think the water would be muddy anywhere other than up towards the bridge. And with water temps in the 80-85deg range, and the COE chart showing the thermocline at the dam @ ~15ft .... I'd say night fishing up to early AM fishing would be the best strategy.

With Wed & Thur nights air temps being in the mid 50's & the lake water being in the 80's ... it could be a bit foggy, so be careful out there.

If I talk to any of my buds that are around Green, or have been to the lake in the last couple of days, I'll update you on what the water looks like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report crappiepappy...Yea I figured there will be a chance of some fog...Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on the water for a couple hours Monday afternoon and main lake is clear. I went into the back of a small creek and it had a small amount of color but not much.

I emptied water out of my rain gauge Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. We did manage to get about 1.75" over the weekend but it was a slow and steady rain. With all the green vegetation on right now a slow rain really get absorbed and filtered so there was very little that ran off quick to muddy up the water. It's supposed to rain more Tuesday. Unless it just pours down hard real sudden it should not affect the main body any. The heads of the feeder systems might get a little dirty but it's going to take a whole lot more than what we got over the weekend to muddy up the main body.

As someone previously mentioned with things being wet/damp and a little humid, fog could be a factor at night if there is no wind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u R19, you guys were very helpful...