Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

East Bullet County tournament at gusit creek lake

I went to a weigh in today at the Guist Creek lake marina. After the weigh in we watched the people that weighed
    the fish,back their boat into the lake and add water to the live well. We found out the fish caught in the tournament
    were being taken to stock a private pond. Needless to say there were some upset locals that questioned this.
    I was told the fish caught in the high school tournaments were to be released after the weigh on.
    Likes gofishdave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guist creek

Is that illegal or just unethical?

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the fish were caught legally, I personally have no objection. The fish belongs to the one that caught it. What if they took the fish to a cleaning station and put the filet knife to them? Would those same people be upset? Probably so, but it’s the person’s fish to do with it what they choose. I don’t infringe on other’s rights to legally catch and possess any fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    My question would be , how many people were in the boat and how many limits of fish were caught in the tourney? If there were 30 bass caught in the tourney wouldn't that make the fish
    they were transporting illegal if they had over the legal limit in possession?

Post Thanks / Like

east bullet county tournament

I heard they took 22 bass out of Guist Creek Lake from the tournament . Also this is not the only lake they have kept the
    fish . I thought the rules were in the tournament all fish are to be put released. There was a big tournament at Guist Creek this
    past weekend and all anglers were told they would release the fish back to the lake. I was told fish and wild life was told
    about the bullet county event and no one ever contacted the lake to inquire about the event. I know the people that took
    the fish were told they were breaking at least one law and probably more. There were at least 10 people that witnessed
    them taking the fish. I thought we had people to make sure the laws were being enforced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnorth View Post
    I went to a weigh in today at the Guist Creek lake marina. After the weigh in we watched the people that weighed
    the fish,back their boat into the lake and add water to the live well. We found out the fish caught in the tournament
    were being taken to stock a private pond. Needless to say there were some upset locals that questioned this.
    I was told the fish caught in the high school tournaments were to be released after the weigh on.
    Oh but wait this can't be not from an ethical always keep the fish first in mind tournament....LMAO....I REST MY CASE
    Likes DogFood, Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So did anyone contact KDFWR about this? Hopefully the owners of the ramp there at Guist don't think allow them/him access again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seen a person collect dead fish at a weigh-in before (maybe 2-3 fish), but never transport live fish from the weigh-in. MOST tournaments are catch and release, but I guess not all. I know my PB was caught in a tournament and she got turned loose. I wanted to keep her, but the rules are the rules...the waiver I signed said catch and release. Without seeing the official rules of that particular tournament, and without being there, I can't say if it was illegal or unethical. But that's just my 2 cents.

According to the KDFWR website, creel limit on black bass is 6 per person per day, possession limit is 12 per person per day. I couldn't find any particular law for releasing fish caught in a tournament. If I'm not mistaken, that's determined by the tournament director/club. USUALLY, it's catch and release, though.