Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting the word out

This is an excerpt from my weekly fishing report in case you missed it...just making sure the word gets out:

As many of you know, I announced last fall that I would be retiring after this season. I have had a lot of loyal clients this season asking me to reconsider and continue to guide. I told them I would take their requests into consideration and let them know here in my report this fall of my final decision. I have made that decision now and I will be retiring from guiding at the end of November this year. This was a tough decision to make but after 26 years in the military and 23 years of guiding it is now time for me to relax and just go fishing when I want to and spend more time with my family.

I also had a lot of folks asking me this year if I would be teaching my Eliminating Water class this winter because they have always wanted this popular class and just never found the time to take it or they were not able to get a date last winter for the class as I was booked up. I also told these folks that I would let them know my plans in my report this fall. I have made that decision also. I will be offering my Eliminating Water Class in November, December, January and February. This will be your last opportunity to take this class so if you wish to take the class, you should make a reservation soon.

ELIMINATING WATER CLASS: This class has been popular with folks from all over the country over the past 10 years of so that I have been teaching it. This class teaches you how to increase your bass fishing success rate by being able to eliminate 80-90% of the water you plan to fish before you go on the water in all seasons of the year to find the highest percentage spots to be holding bass. The class also teaches you how to make decisions on techniques and lure selections using knowledge of what is occurring in the environment on any day that affects fish activity and movement. Electronics are great for showing you fish after you find them, but you need to learn how to find them first. If you can't reduce the water down to find the highest percentage spots before you go on the water, you certainly will not be consistent in catching them. This information in this class works on any river or lake you fish, not just Kentucky and Barkley. This is why I have had many satisfied anglers take this class from all over the country over the years. The information in this class is exactly what I use every day which has allowed me to be a successful bass guide for the past 23 years.

This is a one on one type class. I do not teach more than 2 people at a time. I want you to have my personal attention for the duration of the class. The class takes approximately 8 hours in the classroom. You do not learn what I teach in this class on the water with a fishing rod in your hand. The price of this class is 200.00. This price will cover one or two people. You can make a reservation for this class by emailing me or calling me. email: dave@kentuckylakeguide.com phone: 270-362-9987
    Likes fishincreek, Bassky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this was a tough decision I have had the pleasure to fish with you and to take your course eliminating water both were well worth the time and money. Enjoy your time fishing and time spent with family and friends you have earned it and s special thanks for your service to this great nation.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    This is an excerpt from my weekly fishing report in case you missed it...just making sure the word gets out:

As many of you know, I announced last fall that I would be retiring after this season. I have had a lot of loyal clients this season asking me to reconsider and continue to guide. I told them I would take their requests into consideration and let them know here in my report this fall of my final decision. I have made that decision now and I will be retiring from guiding at the end of November this year. This was a tough decision to make but after 26 years in the military and 23 years of guiding it is now time for me to relax and just go fishing when I want to and spend more time with my family.

I also had a lot of folks asking me this year if I would be teaching my Eliminating Water class this winter because they have always wanted this popular class and just never found the time to take it or they were not able to get a date last winter for the class as I was booked up. I also told these folks that I would let them know my plans in my report this fall. I have made that decision also. I will be offering my Eliminating Water Class in November, December, January and February. This will be your last opportunity to take this class so if you wish to take the class, you should make a reservation soon.

ELIMINATING WATER CLASS: This class has been popular with folks from all over the country over the past 10 years of so that I have been teaching it. This class teaches you how to increase your bass fishing success rate by being able to eliminate 80-90% of the water you plan to fish before you go on the water in all seasons of the year to find the highest percentage spots to be holding bass. The class also teaches you how to make decisions on techniques and lure selections using knowledge of what is occurring in the environment on any day that affects fish activity and movement. Electronics are great for showing you fish after you find them, but you need to learn how to find them first. If you can't reduce the water down to find the highest percentage spots before you go on the water, you certainly will not be consistent in catching them. This information in this class works on any river or lake you fish, not just Kentucky and Barkley. This is why I have had many satisfied anglers take this class from all over the country over the years. The information in this class is exactly what I use every day which has allowed me to be a successful bass guide for the past 23 years.

This is a one on one type class. I do not teach more than 2 people at a time. I want you to have my personal attention for the duration of the class. The class takes approximately 8 hours in the classroom. You do not learn what I teach in this class on the water with a fishing rod in your hand. The price of this class is 200.00. This price will cover one or two people. You can make a reservation for this class by emailing me or calling me. email: dave@kentuckylakeguide.com phone: 270-362-9987
    I wish you al the best Sir , you have always answered my questions on your email , and most guides would not respond . Enjoy your retirement Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    I wish you al the best Sir , you have always answered my questions on your email , and most guides would not respond . Enjoy your retirement Dave
    Thanks. Glad I could be of assistance...you call still contact me for information and I will give you what I have...I just won't be on the water every day after this season...just gonna do some fun fishing for myself.

Dave
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Dave! Well deserved retirement brother!

My friend Todd Heuke and I (Jeremy Hayes) took your class several years ago, Eliminating Water, and it was awesome. I look over those notes all the time and I can say in confidence it made me a better angler. Thanks for giving back so much you have learned in your life. Its very appreciated!

Nice to have met you and I pray God blesses your retirement.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I have met so many great folks and made so many good friends over the years as a result of sharing my boat with them that it makes it tough to quit but I have a lot of great memories to reminence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I have met so many great folks and made so many good friends over the years as a result of sharing my boat with them that it makes it tough to quit but I have a lot of great memories to reminence.
    Dave could U PM me your open dates for Eliminating Water class. there is 2 of us wanting to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canepole View Post
    Dave could U PM me your open dates for Eliminating Water class. there is 2 of us wanting to come
    I am offering the class from Nov thru end of Feb, pretty much 7 days a week so there are too many dates still available for me to send you a list. You can either call me at 270-362-9987 or email me at dave@kentuckylakeguide.com with a timeframe you would like to take the class and I will check my schedule for you. Since I am offering the class over this long period of time I should have no problem finding a date for you unless you wait until the last minute to try to make a reservation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am offering the class from Nov thru end of Feb, pretty much 7 days a week so there are too many dates still available for me to send you a list. You can either call me at 270-362-9987 or email me at dave@kentuckylakeguide.com with a timeframe you would like to take the class and I will check my schedule for you. Since I am offering the class over this long period of time I should have no problem finding a date for you unless you wait until the last minute to try to make a reservation.
    Ok will call Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Time flies. Fast. I am having a hard time believing it has been over 20 plus years since I met Dave. I remember eating dinner with Dave and Tim Tarter at a restaurant on Main St. in Louisville one night after the hunting and fishing Expo closed.

Dave was retired when he started guiding so when he started mentioning retiring a few years back I never thought he would or maybe like many others I hoped he never would. He has been a great asset for Fishin.com and it has been an honor being associated with him for all these years. Back in the "wild" days of the website, for those that remember, Dave provided a voice of reason. He kept a lot of people and conversations in line and made persistant offenders vanish. "He looked after the site," which was a blessihng me being crazy busy.

The thing about Dave – he is always willing to help strangers with advice on how to catch fish. Someone might make a post asking a question about Kentucky Lake and Dave would chime in with a detailed answer. In my opinion that is the best advertising that a guide can do, "helping people". When a new guide would inquire about posting fishing reports I would always tell them the more information the better and direct them to look at Dave's reports as an example of how to do it right.

Here is a nice article written about Dave last November.

https://www.explorekentuckylake.com/...-dave-stewart/

Good to know ya Dave!
    Carry on.

...and thanks a ton Dave.
    Likes riverrat12, fishincreek, Wormin, PRO V LE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peter

Peter it has likewise been an honor to work with you here on Fishin.com. You were a pioneer in the industry of fishing websites. I had a good ride with my guide service and a lot of the credit for my success is because of the exposure I received on this site back when other guides did not know a computer from a livewell. I already very much miss being on the water everyday with my clients but the truth is that after almost 6 years of fighting cancer and taking chemo every day I just am not physically able to do the 16 hour days it takes to take care of my clients any longer. You are right that it seems just like yesterday that we first met and it has been an honor to call you my friend all these years. I am still kicking though and do get out to fish now and then (I get to pick my days now). Just so everyone knows, I am not totally gone yet, just slowed down some.

Dave
    Likes PRO V LE, N/A liked this post

Technonorb Guest
    God bless Dave and enjoy your family and the water.... Tech