Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville Lake

After all this rain has anyone been to Taylorsville? Muddy or clear. It came up over 10 FT. Crappie’s should be ready to bite in a week or so if the water get right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass1 View Post
    After all this rain has anyone been to Taylorsville? Muddy or clear. It came up over 10 FT. Crappie’s should be ready to bite in a week or so if the water get right.
    I haven't been there, but 12ft over pool will get the lake murky to muddy & definitely "trashy" (but I bet there were still people out there fishing !! )

Two weeks ago, according to the COE chart ... surface temp at Dam was ~80deg ... thermocline at 15ft

I suspect the dirty water and 80deg days will keep the lake water warm. It's going to take them about a week and a half to get the level back down to pool, if they keep the current rate of discharge (2100cfs). Fast falling water should push the Crappie out to the secondary drops & just above the thermocline (if it still exists).

As always this time of year ... find the baitballs of small Shad & the Crappie will be close by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass1 View Post
    Went today. Water murky to stained,73 degrees and a little trashy not bad this afternoon boat traffic pushed most to the bank.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville

That’s about what I thought. Muddy water for a couple of weeks if we don’t get a lot of rain. Need to put out more brush piles, guess I can do that regardless of water color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you the lake today was 62 and mostly clear. Foot and half vis. Thru everything and the kitchen sink and only managed 5 dink’s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there yesterday, too from 11:30 - 3:00. Started crappie fishing later in the afternoon and had pretty good luck casting jigs over brush in 6 - 10 ft of water. Fished about 1 hr for the crappie and caught 7-8, half of those keepers. Caught both white & black crappie. All of them were TIGHT to cover.
    Likes Wormin liked this post