Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BassHawk78 View Post
    Stripernut1, that was not me at the fuel pier Sunday. Hope to see you on the water! Have you been fishing shiners or catching bait? I’m hoping to net some this weekend.
    alewives

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaving today! Fishing tomorrow. I will report in daily and let you know how we did. Thx for the help! If anyone has anything else helpful i will be checking daily. Thank you.
    Likes thunderstorm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    does these jump happen right on the main lake or you have into one of the creeks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    does these jump happen right on the main lake or you have into one of the creeks?
    This time of year main lake is where we focus but mouths of creeks and in bigger creeks we have also caught them. We have caught them everywhere but main lake area primarily for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was tough for us. The plan was to pull bait but we ran into battery issues and probably charger issues. Been running up the street to try and correct but still dealing with it for the trolling motor. Anyway beautiful day with alittle wind early but we did not catch anything. Only got about 3 hrs pulling bait and did scout for jumps. Did not see anything significant. Lots of singles but really nothing to really to report. Unfortunately our fishing time was limited. Tomorrow will be a better day!!!
    Likes fishincreek, Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the report, I really need the reports because im new to striper fishing and Cumberland so I rely on these reports. Definitely don't want to make a 2 hr drive just to get nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Today was tough for us. The plan was to pull bait but we ran into battery issues and probably charger issues. Been running up the street to try and correct but still dealing with it for the trolling motor. Anyway beautiful day with alittle wind early but we did not catch anything. Only got about 3 hrs pulling bait and did scout for jumps. Did not see anything significant. Lots of singles but really nothing to really to report. Unfortunately our fishing time was limited. Tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished late afternoon near Rowena ramp, saw a few small scattered jumps mainly spots. Caught several nice fish after dark closer to the dam. Water temp 72. Fish came from 40-60.
    Likes kercha83, thunderstorm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

From Lance yesterday

Lake Cumberland fishing report for oct 19,2018. The water temp has been falling with the cooler nights and is down to almost 70. The stripers have transitioned for the most part from 85 to 95 feet deep to 20 to 50 ft deep. Some nice schools of fish are now being found from the main lake to the mid creek areas. We are pulling planers boards 20 to 50 ft deep with good successs most days. There should be some jumps in the near future but like last year it never really planned out like normal.
    Bass fishing has been similar in that fish are back up shallow and pretty active most days. Several nice fish have been taking on too water baits early and late. The crappie fishing should improve greatly soon also as water cools some more.
    God Bless and hope to see you on the water.
    Earlier this week the lake lost a great guide,great person, and a great friend! He will truly be missed. Hope the fish are biting up there Dan!!!
    Lance Sasser
    Likes kercha83, thunderstorm, awfol liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fish are very active today. Got two at 40. I saw lots of quick hit jumps but I wasn't jump fishing. They are moving fast but staying in a general area. Lots of scattered fish and packs of 5-15 fish (which I like the best). I didn't go anywhere that I didn't mark fish. I was using slide divers and downriggers. Got one on each..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Lake Cumberland fishing report for oct 19,2018. The water temp has been falling with the cooler nights and is down to almost 70. The stripers have transitioned for the most part from 85 to 95 feet deep to 20 to 50 ft deep. Some nice schools of fish are now being found from the main lake to the mid creek areas. We are pulling planers boards 20 to 50 ft deep with good successs most days. There should be some jumps in the near future but like last year it never really planned out like normal.
    Bass fishing has been similar in that fish are back up shallow and pretty active most days. Several nice fish have been taking on too water baits early and late. The crappie fishing should improve greatly soon also as water cools some more.
    God Bless and hope to see you on the water.
    Earlier this week the lake lost a great guide,great person, and a great friend! He will truly be missed. Hope the fish are biting up there Dan!!!
    Lance Sasser
    The photos. Nice fish!

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...or-Oct-19-2018
    Likes Duayne, awfol liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well unfortunately we did not catch any fish. Not one. Thursday we had some issues with batteries but got it worked out. Focused on jamestown to beaver. Pulled some bait and spent some time looking for jumps. Saw singles but nothing else. Friday focused on harmon to jamestown doing the same stuff and nothing. Saturday back to beaver same methods and then we spotted lots and lots of wind. Ha! Then to the jamestown walls to get out of wind but no success. Still had a lot of fun and the Cats won! I appreciate everyone’s feedback and help. Thank you!
    Likes fishincreek, thunderstorm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. We'll be fishing tomorrow evening - Wed or Thurs. and will report when we can.