Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 49 to 60 of 60
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice morning to fish but no jumps spotted mid lake this morning. Temp about 66.5

  2. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to report no jumps seen yesterday evening or this morning. We watched from Difficulty Ck to Beaver Ck in the 3 trips out. Some bait marked 10-20', but very few fish seen on the depth finder.

  3. #51
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    russell springs
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like
    i saw a great big ol bunch of nothin this evening as well . tired of looking, time to do something else lol

  4. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    i saw a great big ol bunch of nothin this evening as well . tired of looking, time to do something else lol
    I can't go out and hunt for Fall Jumps. I've tried... I just can't. If they find me, great. Otherwise, I'll fish on with no jump expectations. LOL Stripers are usually more unpredictable around now than any other time of the year in my opinion. I usually don't see them settle back down until late November, but maybe I don't know how to hunt them now. I am all ears if anyone has a magic formula for the fall transitions..

  5. #53
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    russell springs
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like
    there "used" to be a magic formula...in September, October and november....sit very quietly on the main lake , or in a creek, on a point or on a wall, on a flat in the evening or at sunup, just about any day that wasn't too windy and 9 out of 10 days catch the snot out of them.
    those days are gone it seems.
    like I told you on the phone the other day , I'm like a kid with A.D.D. , it only takes a couple of days waiting for jumps that dont happen before I am bass fishing, pulling planer boards or picking up driftwood lol.
    I wish I knew why it changed
    Likes aps71285 liked this post

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    there "used" to be a magic formula...in September, October and november....sit very quietly on the main lake , or in a creek, on a point or on a wall, on a flat in the evening or at sunup, just about any day that wasn't too windy and 9 out of 10 days catch the snot out of them.
    those days are gone it seems.
    like I told you on the phone the other day , I'm like a kid with A.D.D. , it only takes a couple of days waiting for jumps that dont happen before I am bass fishing, pulling planer boards or picking up driftwood lol.
    I wish I knew why it changed
    I used to think Alewives were the key reason for the change. But there are plenty of threadfins these days. Does bait seem to not bunch up as much as they used to? Seems that way to me. Screen was loaded a few weeks back but that's been more of the exception than the norm.

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our fall trip has been going on for 20 years ish on the exact same dates. The trip evolved into a total jumps trip about 10 years ago. Before that you would be pulling bait debating on pull it up and go???? Or keep pulling bait? Then they would go down and be gone. Then do we wait or pull bait? Haha I am sure you know the drill.

    Anyway we were having excellent years with exception to these last 2 years. Both years water temp was hotter than usual and it was like we never got a normal fall season. Also years past the trees we turning and the colors we beautiful on the trip but not these last 2 yrs. I just assumed for the given conditions we were to early and that the jumps would happen a few weeks later but idk what happened after we left. Of course being at home now and not on the water.... in my head the are jumping everywhere down there. Just my 2 cents on the difference for last two yrs for us.

  8. #56
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    russell springs
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Our fall trip has been going on for 20 years ish on the exact same dates. The trip evolved into a total jumps trip about 10 years ago. Before that you would be pulling bait debating on pull it up and go???? Or keep pulling bait? Then they would go down and be gone. Then do we wait or pull bait? Haha I am sure you know the drill.

    Anyway we were having excellent years with exception to these last 2 years. Both years water temp was hotter than usual and it was like we never got a normal fall season. Also years past the trees we turning and the colors we beautiful on the trip but not these last 2 yrs. I just assumed for the given conditions we were to early and that the jumps would happen a few weeks later but idk what happened after we left. Of course being at home now and not on the water.... in my head the are jumping everywhere down there. Just my 2 cents on the difference for last two yrs for us.
    well you can kick back and rest easy knowing that you arent missing anything....not even a little bit lol.
    bass fished agin this afternoon, no jumps

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep in the past it was can you get there before they go down. Now it's are they jumping at all. I assumed they still may be more around the dam and just not in my normal mid lake area. ????

    We too have noticed the lack of large schools of bait. Seems we are seeing smaller bait schools vs in the past. It is starting to look like we need to go back to concentrating on dressing warm and pulling bait in mid winter.

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville. KY
    Posts
    2,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm heading down this afternoon. After reading some of this for a very brief second I thought to myself, I'll take the two jump casting rods off the boat. They are kind of in the way. But then I realized if I did that I would likely stumble upon some massive white water boiling in your face and boat Jumps so the rods stay on the boat which probably means I won't see any jumps.

  11. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I'm heading down this afternoon. After reading some of this for a very brief second I thought to myself, I'll take the two jump casting rods off the boat. They are kind of in the way. But then I realized if I did that I would likely stumble upon some massive white water boiling in your face and boat Jumps so the rods stay on the boat which probably means I won't see any jumps.
    GL. Like i said now that i am home i am sure they are jumping and will jump for you! Ha GL

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw some for about 10 seconds today about 400 yards behind me. LOL I got my fish old school.... Pulling bait.

Similar Threads

  1. Cumberland Jumps
    By bsg2121 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 01:38 PM
  2. Cumberland jumps
    By bsg2121 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
  3. Lake Cumberland jumps
    By cobra in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:37 AM
  4. Cumberland Jumps
    By bsg2121 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
  5. cumberland jumps
    By gocats in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •