Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone doing good at Cumberland (Burnside area)?

Thought about going to Cumberland in the next few days with the nice warm weather. Is anyone doing any good down at the Burnside area? If so, what is working best for you guys? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LabradorGuy View Post
    Thought about going to Cumberland in the next few days with the nice warm weather. Is anyone doing any good down at the Burnside area? If so, what is working best for you guys? Thanks!
    Be advised that the Crappie USA Classic is 10/3 - 10/6 ... with the Weigh-in at the Pulaski County Park.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard the final results of the crappie tournament on Cumberland 10/3-6/2018 but I did hear that the first day weigh in for the pros, top 3 places were 1st place was 8 lb, 2nd place 7 lb, and 3rd place 6 lb, if anyone knows the full results of the tournament, I would like to see them, if anyone would post them. My friend was blue gill fishing there the first day of the tournament, he had a slow bluegill bite starting the morning, but it heated up and he had a really good bluegill trip, he said he watched the crappie tournament fishermen as much as he could and he said he never saw any crappie boated. And the crappie fishermen were all around him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Never heard the final results of the crappie tournament on Cumberland 10/3-6/2018 but I did hear that the first day weigh in for the pros, top 3 places were 1st place was 8 lb, 2nd place 7 lb, and 3rd place 6 lb, if anyone knows the full results of the tournament, I would like to see them, if anyone would post them. My friend was blue gill fishing there the first day of the tournament, he had a slow bluegill bite starting the morning, but it heated up and he had a really good bluegill trip, he said he watched the crappie tournament fishermen as much as he could and he said he never saw any crappie boated. And the crappie fishermen were all around him.
    https://www.crappieusa.com/Tournamen...rnament_ID=578

Post Thanks / Like
    How was your buddy fishing to catch bluegill this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
    How was your buddy fishing to catch bluegill this time of year?
    he was using crickets on #4 hook with 1/16 oz split shot sinker about 10” up the line from hook, with 4 lb test line. I wasn’t with him but I fish with him enough to know his rigging for bluegill, you can catch big bluegill on crickets all through November, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    he was using crickets on #4 hook with 1/16 oz split shot sinker about 10” up the line from hook, with 4 lb test line. I wasn’t with him but I fish with him enough to know his rigging for bluegill, you can catch big bluegill on crickets all through November, good luck.
    Thanks. Where do you all tend to fish and how deep this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Where do you all tend to fish and how deep this time of year?
    . Most any of the big feeder creeks hold bluegills, just find where the creek channel swings close to the bank, where it comes close to a cliff wall is a good place, I like to fish with lite line, 4 lb with # 4 hook, small 1/16 oz split shot sinker, and cast to the bank let it sink about 4 seconds and retrieve it very slow, I think the 1/16 oz sinker makes the cricket fall at just the right speed, but if the small fish keep getting the cricket, then switch to a 1/8 oz sinker and it will sink a little faster, getting down where the better fish are, this will catch fish until late fall to early winter.
    Likes thunderstorm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again. Never fished for them late in the year and my wife would like to fish for them more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again. Never fished for them late in the year and my wife would like to fish for them more.
    check your private messages...