Search Fishin.com

Thread: GIZZ 4

Post Thanks / Like

GIZZ 4

What ever happened to the GIZZ 4 baits from smack tackle, it seems they only have the flitter baits. Sure would like to get some more if the Gizz4s.

Post Thanks / Like
    forum member Scott aka "mean morone" is the owner of smack tackle, he can give you the background on the business and the journey to this point. long story short he and his partner decided to just stick with the slab type of gizz. the downside is the gizz 4 and the wake bait were big time producers, the upside is the regular gizz will catch the snot out of fish also
    Likes peter, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Now doubt, The reason I was asking is I still have several deep divers and shallow divers, I was at laurel and had shall I had a very good day on the deep diver, best 5 would have ben pushing 20lbs.Which for me in the summer is very good. Nothing else even got a bump. And you can never have to many lures.

Post Thanks / Like

Gizz 4

Stripernut1 pretty much nailed it. We decided to scale back and pretty much start over. We no longer make the Gizz 4 and Gizz 3 crankbaits. We have also stopped production of the Smackjack. Of the Flitterbaits, we only sell the Flitter 2. It has been redesigned and is now made from a poured resin, so it is solid. We might come out with different lures from time to time so keep checking with us. Thanks Stripernut1!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still holding on to some of my Gizz 4s. LOL I save them for when times are really tough. I wish they would at least make a mid version of the flitter. The small one works great but you can't send it very far when you are wanting to stay outside jumps. The large one will work but it didn't have as tight of action as the small one. I still have both and keep at least one ready from here on out through November. Something right in the middle might be perfect.

If I can get close enough for the small one, I'll cast it out and put it in the rod holder and let it work itself then cast a top water or bigger bait to work back to the boat in my hand. Sometimes you can double up that way. Sometimes you get nothing. LOL