Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ky lake

Post Thanks / Like

Ky lake

Heading to Ky lake Friday for 4-5 days. Lake temp is reported to be at 68 and about a foot and a half over winter pool. Be fishing Blood River. Anybody heard any reports? I’d say they ought to start feeding pretty good soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Stewart report on here for Oct 13th say's fishing has started their transition and the bite is getting better. Captain Rich Bay says crappie bite is getting better.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty rough a couple weeks ago. You could catch fish on shakeyhead/ned rig/carolina rig around main lake points but the size was pretty bad. Seems like most of the guys who did well were catching them on top but we never found much. A lot of junk fishing to get bit
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Dave Stewart report on here for Oct 13th say's fishing has started their transition and the bite is getting better. Captain Rich Bay says crappie bite is getting better.

Good luck

Thanks Roadrunner. I always check the reports on Explore Kentucky. Good site btw. Looks like I’m going to have wind Saturday. I’ll be fishing by myself so I’ll get to try different techniques and get to play around that I normally don’t get to do when I have a fishing buddy with me. Either way, I’m sure I’ll have a good time. Thx again

Post Thanks / Like
    10-22-18 The surface temperature started out at 60 degrees at the marina, thru out the day it gradually got up to 66 degrees. The water was murky. I managed a few largemouth dinks fishing in 15-20 foot water off points, on the main lake and back in Blood River. The Asian carp was as bad as I have ever seen it. They were mostly back in Blood River. I didn’t run across too many on main lake. I had a few end up in my boat and several bouncing off of it. I hope the commercial guys start putting a dent in the population. I reckon I won’t be back until spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Blood river

Hi guys does anyone know where ti fish for bass in blood river or which is a good spot

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, there were so many spots in Blood. The best one for me though was where Blood River channel turned right and headed towards the main lake. It gets relatively close to the north bank and has deep water up to shallow. Best in spring. Check your maps. I didn’t go to Ky lake this year at all. First time since 1987. The Asian carp has ruined it for me. Another thing about Blood River, if it was windy, you could usually find a bay to fish and get out of the wind.