Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont striper fish, have never actually tried to catch them but they were as active as ive ever seen em today. Watched a school bust shad for 10-15 minutes before idling over and catching one hoping there were some bass mixed in. It was a good fish. Fished on down about 100yds and hooked into another that was like roping a freight train. Another 100yds, a smaller one. They were in the same location in every creek we went in and everybody bass fishing talked about catching them. Hope some of you guys that chase em were able to get into em today. All were released to fight another day. I absolutely cant figure out how to post pictures from my phone
    Likes fishincreek, Wormin, PRO V LE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We caught them pretty good yesterday too. Bite was best from 9-12 but most of the fish were shorter fish. We caught 10 or more that were between 21 and 21 3/4 inches. Had 3 guys in the boat and managed 5 keepers out of the flurry with two solid fish. It was fun!! Had a buddy down from Ohio who had never caught a striper and he limited and caught several shorts!! Excellent day on the water!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to get to fish Tues/Wed mornings. Love2hunt...did you catch then in the jumps too? What part of the creeks did you find them? How deep if you trolled?

Thanks. I'll report back after I return.

Post Thanks / Like
    We seen some jumps but caught all of our fish pulling bait under balloons and bottom fishing. Upper third of the creek on live shad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot depth sorry. We caught fish in 25-30 foot range.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We fished a couple of days trolling shiners in the creeks. Didn't do any good the first day...just a couple of largemouths. Next evening went way up the creek and fished in 23-30' of water and caught a couple of stripers at about 15'. We fished the next morning in the same area and caught 1/2 dozen or so largemouths. No stripers that morning. Water temp 50 the last morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no pro at it but learning to throw a net changed striper fishing for me. This time of year you can find a ton of bait in the heads of the creeks. We usually catch ours when we get on the water. I have been trolling behind guys fishing with shiners before and us with shad and we catch fish when they weren't. It makes a difference!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of bait do you catch in the heads of the creek? Day time I'm assuming?

Post Thanks / Like
    Threadfin shad between 4-7 inches is typically what we target. Put in at around 7:30, run to the head of the creek and watch for them to flip. Troll over close and throw the net. Usually end up with enough shad to fish all day by 8:15 or so and start fishing. Sometimes it takes longer if they aren't schooled well or are too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know threadfins got that big. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mean to discredit information, but I haven't seen seven inch threads on Cumberland. There may be some, and I am open to the concept, but the average thread is around three and good ones run 4 to MAYBE 5.5. Maybe there are some bigger that I haven't seen. But in the backs, you are much more likely to run into seven inch gizzards under smaller bait flipping on top. A seven inch gizzard is like striper candy. If you can get them and keep them, you are probably going to have a good day until the water gets colder. Then the smaller stuff will work best.