Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crop insurance

Post Thanks / Like

crop insurance

I was driving to town, and noticed a farmer bush wacking an entire soy bean field, are we paying for that? yep farmers do stand in line for " wellfare too.

Post Thanks / Like

Man

It's bad enough you post democrat versus republican stuff all the time now it's about farmers. Pathetic. You know with the wettest year we've ever had recorded since this makes the crops yields way less than what they will produce on an average year that's what they pay for the insurance for don't you. My neighbor on the adjoining farm tried to get his tobacco in & mother nature screwed him over. What was he suppose to do lose all the chemcial, fertilize, seed money ect. (which none are even close to being cheap) that he invested & still bush hog it down? Kind of hard to make farm payments like that ain't it? Seriously man you need to think sometimes (unless of course you have experience in the very thing you're talking about) & see the big picture before laying blame on everone for everything you deem so wrong in your mind.
    Likes sweetwater, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    It's bad enough you post democrat versus republican stuff all the time now it's about farmers. Pathetic. You know with the wettest year we've ever had recorded since this makes the crops yields way less than what they will produce on an average year that's what they pay for the insurance for don't you. My neighbor on the adjoining farm tried to get his tobacco in & mother nature screwed him over. What was he suppose to do lose all the chemcial, fertilize, seed money ect. (which none are even close to being cheap) that he invested & still bush hog it down? Kind of hard to make farm payments like that ain't it? Seriously man you need to think sometimes (unless of course you have experience in the very thing you're talking about) & see the big picture before laying blame on everone for everything you deem so wrong in your mind.
    He's never been hungry nor has he ever been in a profession where you have to pay what others want for their product then if Mother Nature decides to let you have a harvestable product you have no choice in how much you will receive for it. If this wasn't the case he would not be so quick to condemn the ones that feed him.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he has crop insurance they may have told him to mow it down. Not only is the rain hurting the yields, you should see the damage it's causing. It's horrible. You can say what you want but you get paid from your job regardless. I do to. Farmers don't always make the money everyone thinks they do. Yeah, they get big checks, but they also have big bills.

Post Thanks / Like

try digging a little deeper

Yes mother nature had a hand in some of the cases, but then the tariffs played another role, china is not buying the amounts they used to. In some stes and places in canada stoage is almost at maximum. there isn't any place to store the crops.There is adequate proof that farm subsidy is a waste of govrnment money. There have been many cases of subsidy abuse.I feel a little for the farmers in some cases, the little farmers almost life at poverty levels.But I not going to worry about that.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last I heard the farmers and landlords ONLY get the subsidy for half the grain the take to town to sell. Not what insurance tells them to mow down. Like I say though, this is the last I heard, it may have changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Yes mother nature had a hand in some of the cases, but then the tariffs played another role, china is not buying the amounts they used to. In some stes and places in canada stoage is almost at maximum. there isn't any place to store the crops.There is adequate proof that farm subsidy is a waste of govrnment money. There have been many cases of subsidy abuse.I feel a little for the farmers in some cases, the little farmers almost life at poverty levels.But I not going to worry about that.
    The corporate farms get the biggest hand outs by far. Small farmers are almost a thing of the past now thanks to the rising cost & then just trying to stay afloat.

Post Thanks / Like

Global Warming is tied to more rain each year

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I was driving to town, and noticed a farmer bush wacking an entire soy bean field, are we paying for that? yep farmers do stand in line for " wellfare too.
    The large excesses of rains this year and last are a direct result of higher global average air temperature and ocean temperatures. More heat equals more rain. More rain and more bigger storms are going to create havoc with the farms and their crops.

Global warming need to be taken care of before it's too late. And Trump refused to learn about what's going on. We need to dump trump and fast and get back to saving the planet.

The major fires in California are due to global warming too. The excessive heat and drought in one area is a result of more turbulent weather and changing weather patterns cause by global temperature averages all over the planet being higher.

Post Thanks / Like

Global Warming?

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The large excesses of rains this year and last are a direct result of higher global average air temperature and ocean temperatures. More heat equals more rain. More rain and more bigger storms are going to create havoc with the farms and their crops.

Global warming need to be taken care of before it's too late. And Trump refused to learn about what's going on. We need to dump trump and fast and get back to saving the planet.

The major fires in California are due to global warming too. The excessive heat and drought in one area is a result of more turbulent weather and changing weather patterns cause by global temperature averages all over the planet being higher.
    I thought Al Gore admitted that global warming was b*llshit? Can Trump stop global warming? If he had been around then could he have stopped the ice age that killed the dinosaurs? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like

silly nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I thought Al Gore admitted that global warming was b*llshit? Can Trump stop global warming? If he had been around then could he have stopped the ice age that killed the dinosaurs? I think not.
    make fun of it all you want but it's coming and there is not much you can do to stop the effects of global warming without reducing the amount of green house gases going into the atmosphere. People like you can pretend that it's not real but that's because you are not informed of all the facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    the Good Book says the Earth will be destroyed by fire.
    pretty sure it's gotta warm up to catch fire.
    even though we just got record snowfall for december.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the world map for the temperature for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    the Good Book says the Earth will be destroyed by fire.
    pretty sure it's gotta warm up to catch fire.
    even though we just got record snowfall for december.
    Not much snowfall in the rest of the world during this past year.