Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crop insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Not making fun

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    make fun of it all you want but it's coming and there is not much you can do to stop the effects of global warming without reducing the amount of green house gases going into the atmosphere. People like you can pretend that it's not real but that's because you are not informed of all the facts.
    It's just that the way you wrote it made it sound like you were saying trump could put a stop to it by just snapping his fingers & everything would fall into place to stop it. Would take years & years to do anything that would make the smallest amount of difference in my opinion. I agree something needs done, but i also don't think we'll notice difference in our lifetime either.

Post Thanks / Like

The time is now not later. later is too late

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    It's just that the way you wrote it made it sound like you were saying trump could put a stop to it by just snapping his fingers & everything would fall into place to stop it. Would take years & years to do anything that would make the smallest amount of difference in my opinion. I agree something needs done, but i also don't think we'll notice difference in our lifetime either.
    Trump is pushing coal and pushing against alterenatives to coal. So he is part of the problem. The scientist are finding out that the ice is melting faster than predicted and it may already be too late to change this. Once the ice is gone it will be hard to turn things around. The ice at the poles reflects a lot of the sunlight. But without the ice the darker areas under the ice absorbs more heat and that is a big problem.

We are already seeing the effects of a warmer climate.

Post Thanks / Like
    isn't oil created from plant life over time?
    burning wood releases carbon dioxide.
    seems we're just releasing C02 that would have been released if it was burned initially.
    maybe if we burned oil slower it wouldn't be a problem?
    maybe it's just too many people breathing and not enough plants to absorb what we exhale?

Post Thanks / Like

There you go again....

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The large excesses of rains this year and last are a direct result of higher global average air temperature and ocean temperatures. More heat equals more rain. More rain and more bigger storms are going to create havoc with the farms and their crops.

Global warming need to be taken care of before it's too late. And Trump refused to learn about what's going on. We need to dump trump and fast and get back to saving the planet.

The major fires in California are due to global warming too. The excessive heat and drought in one area is a result of more turbulent weather and changing weather patterns cause by global temperature averages all over the planet being higher.
    Dump Trump huh? Come on man. So now fires, rain, snow, sun, anger, crime, birth rates and whatever else has been tied to that political agenda is getting worse because of Trump?

I don't think so and i personally don't buy into the Global Warming claim. I see it this way....when people try anything and everything to sell me something it's usually a big fat lie. Global Warming is now the cause of every problem in the world including Hillary not being POTUS! Thank goodness for Global Warming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Yes mother nature had a hand in some of the cases, but then the tariffs played another role, china is not buying the amounts they used to. In some stes and places in canada stoage is almost at maximum. there isn't any place to store the crops.There is adequate proof that farm subsidy is a waste of govrnment money. There have been many cases of subsidy abuse.I feel a little for the farmers in some cases, the little farmers almost life at poverty levels.But I not going to worry about that.
    That is exactly why there needs to be subsidies for farming. who do you know that produces a product and lets someone else set a price for what you will get paid. When Jimmy carter was president he used corn and soybeans as a sanction and really hurt the farmers. This is the same as tariffs they do hurt the farmer but the subsidies help. I do not have a problem with the tariffs as we have been the laughing stock of the world in our crazy trade agreement. if a president would have had the intestinal fortitude that Trump has years ago this would not be so painful. The U S always kicks the can down the road. the longer you put something off the more painful it is.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    That is exactly why there needs to be subsidies for farming. who do you know that produces a product and lets someone else set a price for what you will get paid. When Jimmy carter was president he used corn and soybeans as a sanction and really hurt the farmers. This is the same as tariffs they do hurt the farmer but the subsidies help. I do not have a problem with the tariffs as we have been the laughing stock of the world in our crazy trade agreement. if a president would have had the intestinal fortitude that Trump has years ago this would not be so painful. The U S always kicks the can down the road. the longer you put something off the more painful it is.
    Yes! I agree 100%...both parties have done this so no politician gets a pass.

Post Thanks / Like

hear, see and touch no evil

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Dump Trump huh? Come on man. So now fires, rain, snow, sun, anger, crime, birth rates and whatever else has been tied to that political agenda is getting worse because of Trump?

I don't think so and i personally don't buy into the Global Warming claim. I see it this way....when people try anything and everything to sell me something it's usually a big fat lie. Global Warming is now the cause of every problem in the world including Hillary not being POTUS! Thank goodness for Global Warming.
    Closed minds are not going to grow. When global warming caused you pain then maybe you will understand the problem.