Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Best Lake in the spring

Hey Guys,

For the past 8 years a buddy and I have made an annual trip to ky lake from Louisville. The lake was undoubtedly better the first few years we went but we have noticed a slight decline each year. It has left us wondering if we should try a new destination lake. Would like to stay within 4-5 hour of Louisville. Where would you go if you had a long weekend in the spring?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you fishing for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also been looking for a new lake, I went to Chicamuaga this fall and had good time, The spring fishing there last year was great said a local I met and talked too. Good opportunity for a big fish also, I stayed in Dayton, several of the hotels has boat plug-ins, I stayed at a older motel it was a little dated but clean and at $50 a night I will go back they're. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman_33 View Post
    Hey Guys,

For the past 8 years a buddy and I have made an annual trip to ky lake from Louisville. The lake was undoubtedly better the first few years we went but we have noticed a slight decline each year. It has left us wondering if we should try a new destination lake. Would like to stay within 4-5 hour of Louisville. Where would you go if you had a long weekend in the spring?

Thanks
    Guntersville, pickwick, and chickamauga can all be really good. Guntersville is probably the most consistent but the most pressured. Chickamauga seems like it’s either awesome or incredibly tough, there’s no in between for me at least. Don’t overlook Cumberland though if you wanna go someplace a little closer. This past spring was really fun for numbers and there are so many 2 -4 lb smallmouth there.
    Likes Bobby Headrick, outdoorsman_33 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    What are you fishing for?
    That may be important information: We are bass fishermen
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

Thanks
    To be honest, I'd still go to KY Lake, IMHO.......Last spring was brutal, but the past 5 springs all in all have been some of the BEST I've had. Two springs ago, we had 8 keepers on the first 8 casts, for over 20lbs of fish.

Ended up that day with 77 bass and 20 or 30 keepers.
    Likes buickfan70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That may be important information: We are bass fishermen
    Like the other guys said if I were making a trip out of it I would drive the extra hour or too and go Tennessee or Guntersville. Or if you like to mix it up a little you could go to Real-foot lake.

Technonorb Guest

Spring lake

We also are giving up on Kentucky after 20+ years. We are primarily crappie and trying Reelfoot. Good Luck. Tech