Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie fishing near Lex? (Bank Access)

With January around the corner I wanted to look more into good places with bank access for crappie, I know there's a lot of lakes around with quality crappie fishing but since I don't have a boat, a nice marina with fishing access or somewhere with a nice stretch of bank would be preferred. All tips appreciated, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckay L View Post
    With January around the corner I wanted to look more into good places with bank access for crappie, I know there's a lot of lakes around with quality crappie fishing but since I don't have a boat, a nice marina with fishing access or somewhere with a nice stretch of bank would be preferred. All tips appreciated, thanks!
    Lake Reba in Richmond has a good crappie population with decent size. There is plenty of shoreline to fish. There is no bait store or marina there, but there is a boat dock and a pier that can be fished off of. It can get pretty crowded on weekends when the weather is nice, but not so much this time of year. I've noticed that fishing the evening just before sunset is the best time to catch them. I like to fish along the dam close to the spillway (also accessible by foot). I've caught plenty of 9-14 inch crappie last year. I was actually surprised to see the quality of fish since the lake is believed to be overfished. There is also a good bass population, but most are smaller (9-12 inches) with a couple of bigger ones caught occasionally. Minnows and bobber cant be beat for both species, but you'll have to bring them with you. No bait sold at the lake. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Likes Mckay L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAUGERDADDY View Post
    Lake Reba in Richmond has a good crappie population with decent size. There is plenty of shoreline to fish. There is no bait store or marina there, but there is a boat dock and a pier that can be fished off of. It can get pretty crowded on weekends when the weather is nice, but not so much this time of year. I've noticed that fishing the evening just before sunset is the best time to catch them. I like to fish along the dam close to the spillway (also accessible by foot). I've caught plenty of 9-14 inch crappie last year. I was actually surprised to see the quality of fish since the lake is believed to be overfished. There is also a good bass population, but most are smaller (9-12 inches) with a couple of bigger ones caught occasionally. Minnows and bobber cant be beat for both species, but you'll have to bring them with you. No bait sold at the lake. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks that's a huge help already, I just had one question. I'm scouting it on google maps and I can't seem to find the dam/spillway that you're speaking of, what side of the lake is that one exactly?

Edit: Nvm I've found it, it was a lot smaller than I originally thought.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cain Pole

in the strip mall before you get to Lake Reba just below the intersection of 25 & 876 probably has minnows etc.