Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to argue with the facts

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/world...asa/index.html.

Notice the world picture of the entire globe. It may be cold last week but the average temperatures all over the world are increasing and the ice is melting up north and way down south. Ice that's ontop of the land melts and causes the ocean levels to rise. We all know what that means. Maybe we should try to figure out a way to reduce the heating.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would question anything cnn reports.
    we all know they have an agenda.
    i saw a guy that said they did core drilling in antartica.
    said they found evidence a few thousand years ago that temps were 2.5 degrees warmer than now.

Post Thanks / Like

It's NASA and other Agencies that reported this

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i would question anything cnn reports.
    we all know they have an agenda.
    i saw a guy that said they did core drilling in antartica.
    said they found evidence a few thousand years ago that temps were 2.5 degrees warmer than now.
    I'm not worried about what happened in the past but I do understand that climate changes over geologic time. 2000 years ago it may have been warmer but where did the ice come from then? We didn't have US Naval Bases along the current coast line of the USA 2000 years ago. So back then and many thousand years ago the cold/warm cycles of the earth didn't bother mankind like it will today. The US Navy is very concerned about the opening in the North Atlantic where Russian Subs can now travel in the summer months as the North Seas have much less ice over them these days. And if the ocean levels rise it will threaten our ocean side naval bases. It will also threaten people living along the coast lines. I'm fine in that I'm way above current sea level and won't be effected directly.

One a side note it was over 60 deg F the ohter day and before that it was cold as H. The temperature variations in Feb are abnormal don't you think? And the ice in the Antartic is melting faster now. They (explorers) found a big hole under he ice down there showing that the ice under the glacier has melted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ays-ncna967306

here is the same thing from NBC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I'm not worried about what happened in the past but I do understand that climate changes over geologic time. 2000 years ago it may have been warmer but where did the ice come from then? We didn't have US Naval Bases along the current coast line of the USA 2000 years ago. So back then and many thousand years ago the cold/warm cycles of the earth didn't bother mankind like it will today. The US Navy is very concerned about the opening in the North Atlantic where Russian Subs can now travel in the summer months as the North Seas have much less ice over them these days. And if the ocean levels rise it will threaten our ocean side naval bases. It will also threaten people living along the coast lines. I'm fine in that I'm way above current sea level and won't be effected directly.

One a side note it was over 60 deg F the ohter day and before that it was cold as H. The temperature variations in Feb are abnormal don't you think? And the ice in the Antartic is melting faster now. They (explorers) found a big hole under he ice down there showing that the ice under the glacier has melted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ays-ncna967306

here is the same thing from NBC.
    i think we are going through a warmer than usual temp change, and I like the warmer temps more than the cold, but the cycle will only go so far then it will reverse, no need to worry about the ocean rising to far, God placed a boundary on the ocean, it’s waters can’t pass the boundary, Proverbs 8:29 when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth.

Post Thanks / Like

Please explain the ocean fossils found in the high mountains

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    i think we are going through a warmer than usual temp change, and I like the warmer temps more than the cold, but the cycle will only go so far then it will reverse, no need to worry about the ocean rising to far, God placed a boundary on the ocean, it’s waters can’t pass the boundary, Proverbs 8:29 when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth.
    This warming is caused by man's burning fossil fuels and will continue to warm the earth and melt the ice caps if we don't stop burning so much fossile fuels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    This warming is caused by man's burning fossil fuels and will continue to warm the earth and melt the ice caps if we don't stop burning so much fossile fuels.
    Unfortunately, your guessing just like the so called experts are.