Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nothing New

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing New

Nothing New

There are a lot of opinions these days on the topic of abortion. This discussion has gone on for centuries. This discussion it seems has finally reached the epicenter and has gone right to the “heart” of the problem. In my own mind, an individual starts as a human being at the time of fertilization, but that is debatable among many. What I find interesting is there is not much debate on how to stop fertilization in first place.

There is nothing new in this debate. We are born with powerful hormones we have to deal with throughout our lives. It is in our genes to reproduce, but in most areas in our life, it is how we choose to follow the basic laws of nature and God that leads to self-destruction or to peace and wellness in our lives. Whether we like it or not, the Bible provides us a clear list of instructions as how we should prevent and deal with our problems, including solutions to our failures.

How society should look at pregnancy is in the light of accountability. In all sins of the heart, there are consequences. As we have heard so many times, it is our “freedom of choice” that gets us in trouble. It is bad enough to made decisions that may destroy our own lives, but it is another thing when it affects others around us. At this point, we can easily add how one may have their first encounter with illicit drugs. Once the addiction starts, it is not a one-dimensional problem any longer. Friends, family and society suffer.

As you know, if the person with the consequence cannot handle his or her problem, then either friend, family and social programs have to step in to help. When this occurs, emotional and financial stress follows. Nothing new here. It is happening in most all families across the nation every day. Every day, we see bad choices drain the brainpower and personal achievement of our citizens. So what is solution?

The solution is easy to put into words; however, very difficult to follow them in our daily life. God’s commandments and laws for our lives are clear. If we fail to follow them, there are always consequences. If we fail in our effort to follow them, we must take responsibility or someone else will suffer as well. We cannot know what God has said if we do not open the Bible and see for ourselves his word for our lives.

You could be a very good and moral person without any demands from God in your life and live a clean responsible life. There is a lot of good to say about that, but then you would have to make a decision concerning eternity.

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will GUARD you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Bonefish

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with that reasoning is that the Democrat party has embraced Muslims, LBGQT and any group that would like to remove God from everything. The GOP has its own set of failing values but as a general statement most conservatives I know believe in God and the Bible. Most Liberals I know do not....thats just the world as I see it and have experienced.