Search Fishin.com

Thread: Green

Post Thanks / Like

Green

Anybody know the conditions on Green ? I know Barren is high and muddy with some clearing mid lake. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Flooded (as per the COE/Green Facebook account)
    683.3ft (15.3ft over Winter Pool) and still slowly rising (as of today)

I was there on Feb 9th at Holmes Bend & water was muddy in the area & over Summer Pool levels ... and they've had nearly 5" of rain in the area since then.
    Likes Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    683.3ft (15.3ft over Winter Pool) and still slowly rising (as of today)
    I don't know why but the COE stays 24 hrs behind on updating the site I get my water information from. I drive across the tailwaters on a regular basis to travel for work. I knew they were getting ready to start letting lose water because its been 3 or 4 days since the last heavy rain. I looked at the tail water Friday and it had very little if any outflow. I looked at it Saturday 2/26 and it was rolling pretty good, however the COE website had the main gate on 0 and the bypass barely open. Today they have the main gate listed as being open 1.60 which is a pretty good amount. If my memory is correct wide open is 2.2 or 2.4 so 1.6 is a pretty good outflow. Yet the COE website had the main gate listed as 0...I have seen this many times. The website stay a day behind on information.

Green started to fall Saturday not Sunday...and yes it is a muddy mess. It's raining pretty good as I am typing this. I am 4 miles from the lake. With them pulling it pretty good and new water coming in the entire lake should be blown out with color. I predict they cut the gate back based on the rainfall we are getting this morning but that is just a guess on my part.

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I don't know why but the COE stays 24 hrs behind on updating the site I get my water information from. I drive across the tailwaters on a regular basis to travel for work. I knew they were getting ready to start letting lose water because its been 3 or 4 days since the last heavy rain. I looked at the tail water Friday and it had very little if any outflow. I looked at it Saturday 2/26 and it was rolling pretty good, however the COE website had the main gate on 0 and the bypass barely open. Today they have the main gate listed as being open 1.60 which is a pretty good amount. If my memory is correct wide open is 2.2 or 2.4 so 1.6 is a pretty good outflow. Yet the COE website had the main gate listed as 0...I have seen this many times. The website stay a day behind on information.

Green started to fall Saturday not Sunday...and yes it is a muddy mess. It's raining pretty good as I am typing this. I am 4 miles from the lake. With them pulling it pretty good and new water coming in the entire lake should be blown out with color. I predict they cut the gate back based on the rainfall we are getting this morning but that is just a guess on my part.

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt
    I use this site : http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html for water levels.

But, I also see the COE Facebook page for Green, and usually they say something like they're pulling the lake at such and such a rate, BUT will raise/lower that rate sometime during the day. Maybe that "change" in gate openings is the reason for the discrepancy in the flow rates we observe ?? I know the site I use only updates once a day (as does this one : http://greenriver.uslakes.info/Level/ ) in the AM, so any changes made in the water levels would not be seen until the following day.

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Marina

Saturday the lake was over the ramps and up to the restroom. That means it will be a week before I can get to my pontoon I keep there. Also my wife just started fussing about another 3-5" coming the next few days.

Don't look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I use this site : http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html for water levels.

But, I also see the COE Facebook page for Green, and usually they say something like they're pulling the lake at such and such a rate, BUT will raise/lower that rate sometime during the day. Maybe that "change" in gate openings is the reason for the discrepancy in the flow rates we observe ?? I know the site I use only updates once a day (as does this one : http://greenriver.uslakes.info/Level/ ) in the AM, so any changes made in the water levels would not be seen until the following day.
    I am familiar with both the links you posted. I do use them when I am wanting to look up historical information. The link I use is "typically" updated every morning around 7-8 AM. The thing I like best about the link I use is it shows inflow. The way I sometimes fish inflow/current is a key piece of information to have. I check the link I use on a daily basis and have done so for many years. It has come to the point I can almost predict what the inflow/outflow and gate setting will be before I even open the link so staying behind 24 hours on information is no big deal to me but thanks for the links you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, does not look good for this weekend either, more rain coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the COE site they cut the main gate back a little from what it was Sunday and plan on shutting it off Wednesday. The 10 day forecast has three different days with a good chance of rain. If we get what they predict in the 10 day outlook we will get another 3.5" in the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Today on GRL

+15 ft over summer pool