Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any week day morning tourneys in central KY?

Looking for a weekly morning tourney in the central part of the state. (Green, nolin, rough, etc. )

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a very strange work schedule. I "typically" fish every Tuesday March-November. Even though I think we have way too many tournaments I would still do one on a Tuesday if Green had one. I doubt very seriously there is enough interest to do it though. To the best of my knowledge the only day time tournament during the week is the Monday Taylorsville tournaments. I know you ask about central KY and that's more up towards Louisville but it's the only daytime weekly tournament I know of...now if you were looking for late afternoon/night then there are several out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here ya go! Starting March 20th on Taylorsville.

https://www.facebook.com/Wednesday-M...1931826756362/

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished the Taylorsville Monday morning tourney some the past couple years. They have a really good group over there and several guys that show up every Monday.

I was hoping to find one on Green preferably but Nolin or Rough would be good too. With the number of fisherman that show up for the Monday morning tourney at Taylorsville I was hoping there would be one happening on other lakes as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonora70 View Post
    I was hoping to find one on Green
    I am off every Monday and Tuesday and I would be game to try it a few times on Green. I prefer Tuesday's but could do Monday's. You and I make two boats so round up a few more and we will get together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could do Tuesday as well, doesn't matter to me. In fact, it may be better if the lake gets a day of rest after the weekend.

Would you think a 4 hour big fish tourney would work best?

Post Thanks / Like
    In a event that only last a few hours I like the concept of just one fish. It would make weigh in very fast and easy, plus keep things very simple. However 4 hours does seem kind of short. I think 5 or possibly 6 hours sounds better. I know 1 more hour don't sound like much more but in a 4 hour tournament you might only fish 3.5 hours with it being 5 hours you might get in 4.5 hours. I am not picky so I am open for whatever works for other people. I would do a 4 hour big fish tournament or I would do a 5 or 6 hour tournament that was a big fish tournament or had a 3 fish limit. Again I am not picky and will do what works best to get people to join in.

What was you thinking for entry...purely a suggestion but if it's going to be a one fish tournament for just a few hours then make the entry $20 or $25 Per Person. You could fish solo or you can fish two to a boat but there will only be one person receiving $. If you chose to split cost/expense/winnings with another person that's okay but it's still a per person entry. 100% pay back winner take all...now if it got to the point where 10 or more boats showed up on a regular basis then another place should be paid. Again purely a suggestion. I am open to here what you have to say.
    Likes gofishdave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The KBF will have tourneys on Barren and Green, check out their website for details.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could do a few tuesday tournaments,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    In a event that only last a few hours I like the concept of just one fish. It would make weigh in very fast and easy, plus keep things very simple. However 4 hours does seem kind of short. I think 5 or possibly 6 hours sounds better. I know 1 more hour don't sound like much more but in a 4 hour tournament you might only fish 3.5 hours with it being 5 hours you might get in 4.5 hours. I am not picky so I am open for whatever works for other people. I would do a 4 hour big fish tournament or I would do a 5 or 6 hour tournament that was a big fish tournament or had a 3 fish limit. Again I am not picky and will do what works best to get people to join in.

What was you thinking for entry...purely a suggestion but if it's going to be a one fish tournament for just a few hours then make the entry $20 or $25 Per Person. You could fish solo or you can fish two to a boat but there will only be one person receiving $. If you chose to split cost/expense/winnings with another person that's okay but it's still a per person entry. 100% pay back winner take all...now if it got to the point where 10 or more boats showed up on a regular basis then another place should be paid. Again purely a suggestion. I am open to here what you have to say.
    I like the 1 fish tournament, easy weigh in. 4 hour tourney may bring more fisherman on a consistent basis. I like the idea of $25 per boat with 100% payout. I think the Nolin big fish tourney pays every 7 places. Doesnt matter to me but gives more incentive for people to come. It becomes a social event as much as a tournament. A reason to be on the water. If participation allows it could eventually grow into a situation with a classic at the end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I said earlier I am open for whatever will get people to show up. If it is decided to move forward with this I will fish as many Tuesdays as I can. I am off every Sun, Mon and Tue. I "typically" do errands and schedule appointments on Mon thus leaving Tue open for fishing. Mar-Nov I seldom miss fishing on Tue. If you need something from me feel free to ask. You have my support.