Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

lake Cumberland marinas

hey just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who might be planning a trip over the next few days to lake Cumberland. if your plans include any of the marinas you might want to contact them prior to making the trip. I received an email from Jamestown marina this evening that states if the water continues to rise all power and services will be stopped. there will be some marina shuttle available to slip customers if possible but parking will be limited. these actions will begin in stages as the water level reaches 743-745, we are right at 741 right now, with heavy rains forecast for this week my guess is we are going to see these levels.
    I know 2 other marinas have already or are very close to similar measures.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfe Creek is closed and I believe Burnside is close to closing or has limited access. Some slips are without power at Grider Hill (Mine) and I expect more to come soon. Be VERY careful if you do launch. Launch ramps are all under water with guard rails and signs just under the surface and you never know when a Marina may have missed a live electrical service that is under water. While I am dying to wet a bunch of lines, I think I'll wait for a while.

Edit. State Dock announced their fuel pumps have been shut down.

Cumberland is currently at 740 and it's the highest its been since 742 in 1998. I remember that year. I fished off a picnic table out of the Grider Hill parking lot. LOL It will certainly pass the 742 mark and may threaten the record of 755 before it's all said and done.

Post Thanks / Like
    great point about the ramps and unseen obstructions, man its a mess, and its going to get worse, and its going to take a while to get back to normal. i wont be fishing until it does, way to much chance of tearing something up and then being out of commission when it does straighten up.
    long , very long sigh.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Grider just emailed us to let us know the Corp has instructed them to prepare for levels surpassing the old record of 751.4. They will shut power off to more dock sections as needed during the rise. Folks, I would guess the only place that will be semi safe to launch is from Halcombs and only if you know the topology well. I would stay clear of the marinas if at all possible. Stripernut and I just spoke and we both question the wench capacities and cable routing of all the marinas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the updates and efforts to keep us all safe. I’m thinking with the water so far up I’ll leave the boat home and pitch red fins after dark from all the “ new” shoreline fishing areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Courtesy Robbie Hecker Lake Cumberland Facebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6023790-B8B2-4A20-97DE-2DE979E60670.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	18262  

Post Thanks / Like
    Grider Hill has closed the access road to the launch ramps. The road in front of the lodge is too tight to turn if you were thinking of using the old, original ramp. Launching from Grider Hill is pretty much out now until the water lowers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a pic from Stripernut of Jamestown. He has a very somber report of the lake condition. I'll let him fill everyone in..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jamestown High Water.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	18263  

Post Thanks / Like
    there is speculation based on this weekends forecast that the levels could reach 760....seven hundred and sixty feet....
    its mere speculation right now, and considering the devastatning effect that level would have on facilities on and around the lake i hope it stays speculation and the math turns out to be wrong.

this situation has reached a very serious condition at this point.
    Likes Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    In the 24 hour period of 2/20-2/21 it rose 2.69 ft and was 746.20 and still rising...the weather forecast for this weekend calls for 2.5" of rain in a 48 hour period. I have plans of going to Cumberland either Monday or Tuesday of next week but I might rethink that decision when it gets closer...by next week if I pull my boat out of the garage animals will start lining up 2X2
    Likes Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    In the 24 hour period of 2/20-2/21 it rose 2.69 ft and was 746.20 and still rising...the weather forecast for this weekend calls for 2.5" of rain in a 48 hour period. I have plans of going to Cumberland either Monday or Tuesday of next week but I might rethink that decision when it gets closer...by next week if I pull my boat out of the garage animals will start lining up 2X2

well if you just had to find a silver lining in all this it would be the fact that there will be no shortage of cover to flip and pitch in lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    there is speculation based on this weekends forecast that the levels could reach 760....seven hundred and sixty feet....
    its mere speculation right now, and considering the devastatning effect that level would have on facilities on and around the lake i hope it stays speculation and the math turns out to be wrong.

this situation has reached a very serious condition at this point.
    Never thought I would be able to bottom fish on the Jamestown causeway