Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Skipjack at Wolf Creek Dam

Can anyone give me any info about the skipjack fishing at Wolf Creek Dam? We normally go to Alabama but I’ve read a few things about people catching them below Wolf Creek, any insight is appreciated!

Technonorb Guest

Skipjack

A guy I work with Fishes Catfish tourneys and goes to Ky Lake Dam 2-3 times a year for bait. I'll ask him about Wolf Creek dam and below but don't think either will be fishable for a good while.

Post Thanks / Like
    The river is 28 ft. higher than it should be. If their were any fish there, they are washed down to Nashville by now. They have the grass blocked off and will not let you near to fish

Technonorb Guest

Skipjack

My buddy who lives in W.V. said he also catches below dams on Ohio river mainly Robert Byrd Dam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished down there quite a bit and heard of a few catches now and again but never talked to anyone that has had a consistent bite on them. Of course there are years that are different with any other species. Some years we do fair on walleye and sauger and other years blank. Same goes for skippies.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Celina Tn about 45 minute ride from Wolf Creek Dam, the bait company that supplies most of the bait stores has a place along the Obey River below Dale Hollow Dam. Can't go now with all the high water but is the best spot around here. Can put in at Donaldson Park (only open during daylight hours) and go up stream toward dam (about a 5 min ride), there is a pipe where all there dead shad, minnows, gold fish etc... wash into the Obey River. Have caught 40 skipjacks there is less than an hour.