Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Barkley water level

I was wondering if anyone knows what the current water level is on Lake Barkley, or perhaps a site where I can find out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crappiepappt

Thanks for the info, I'm not to computer savey, I saved the site for future reference, Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the spelling, I meant Crappiepappy. My eyesight isn't that good. Time for new glasses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushawg View Post
    Sorry about the spelling, I meant Crappiepappy. My eyesight isn't that good. Time for new glasses.
    No worries .... I've been called worse. LOL !!

Here's the main page of the website I got that link from : http://www.lakelevels.info/

Post Thanks / Like
    So does anyone know if the bass would move into the flooded trees/bushes this time of year with the cooler water temps? I love to flip and pitch when it floods on KY and Barkley, but have never tried it in the cooler water temperatures this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have zero experience on KY/Barkley but I don't see why my past experience would not apply to those lakes...If the water gets into the treeline/bushes and it has very heavy color then yes the bass will get very shallow and very tight to the cover. If the color of the water allows light to penetrate a couple feet then they do not get as shallow or as close to the cover...now with that being said there is another factor in the equation and that is water temperature. What I described was for water temperatures like we currently have now. If the temperature gets into the upper 50's or low 60 then they get on the cover even if the water is not that dirty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, one of my best days on barkley was several years back. It got flooded so bad they shut the lake down. I can’t remember exact water level, but I’m sure some others on here would. It was amazing it was so high. The day Im talking about was a day or two before they shut the lake down. I was taking a heavy sinker and pitching a lizard as far back as I could and was wearing them out! I’ll never forget that day!
    Likes Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ky and Barkley Lake Levels, Weather and other phone number

I have used this for years and it is about as accurate as any information you will find plus its at your fingertips anytime you need it. 270-744-6331, a ton of great info when fishing the twins especially when the wind gets up. Hope this helps
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    I have used this for years and it is about as accurate as any information you will find plus its at your fingertips anytime you need it. 270-744-6331, a ton of great info when fishing the twins especially when the wind gets up. Hope this helps
    Very nice..........

I will be fishing a whole lot down there this next spring. I rented a cabin up from where Poplar Creek is. I will be there for 7 weeks starting 2nd week or so of April through the end of May.......

OH YEA.
    Likes buickfan70, redearhoosier liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    7 weeks,now that's what I call a fishing trip
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    7 weeks,now that's what I call a fishing trip
    I'm fortunate that I can work from pretty much anywhere. I'm taking my office down there, and I rented a place in grand rivers.

I will be able to fish every day.........I might get out every morning, it just depends on which bite is better......morning or evening.

And I will take every thurs/fri off and fish thurs/fri/sat/sun with friends and family..........

I also do this at Dale hollow every so often too........It is a GREAT way to focus on fishing.