Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Barkley

Good afternoon Anglers! I am finally venturing out to Lake Barkley this Monday after finally getting some good weather! With clear skies, 50 degrees and a light breeze on Monday, pre-spawn bass should be starting to heat up any time now on the south side of the lake. However, this is my very first trip to Lake Barkley and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers and tips on what bays and where to fish to catch some fat hogs. Not asking for anyone’s honey hole, just to be pointed in a direction to get started. I’m open to fishing Kentucky lake as well and need to stay in the Kentucky state side of both lakes due to having a Kentucky fishing license. And I can easily access most places because I’ll be fishing from a kayak. Again any tips and advice is very much appreciated. Have a great day anglers! Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barkley Lake was pretty muddy colored around little river area Sat. and I didn't have any luck bank fishing for a couple hours. Drove down to Ky lake and fished in the Ky Dam Village area and only had a drum to show for it but a young man about 14-15 yo caught a nice LM Bass about 5-6 lbs around the rip rap there.

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Report

Thanks for the response. I fished the Sugar Bay Area. Started fishing the West Bank across from the boat ramp. I drifted that bank all the way around the cove, onto the main body of sugar bay and into the next cove west of the boat ramp cove. Fished a VMC Rugby Hooked senko and zoom super fluke and caught 6 LM and 3 drum. Not a terrible day if ya ask me. Biggest one was a little over 3 pounds. Another week or two and these bass are going to start moving up for some pre-spawn feeding. Water temp should be in the 60’s very shortly. Hope this helped. Looking to fish on Barkley one day this week or weekend. Anyone interested, let me know. Someone needs to teach me how to fish these ledges to get on some big LM and SM. Haha. Have a good one!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post