Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

anyone know current Cumberland conditions on the lower end?

On 3/12 I posted detailed information about water color and temp on the lower end of Cumberland on the post about cumberland ramps. With that information being a week old I was just wondering how much the conditions have changed. I know the lake fell a little over 7 ft in the last week but I was more interested in water temperature and color...anyone have anything to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked back at your post and if you will just change the date to the 20th you will have your new report. well minus the 3 largemouth lol. seriously it's still exactly the same as you left it.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep...ended up going today and water conditions are pretty much the same as a week ago. It may have cleared just a tad but there is stained to medium stain to be found and temps are the same. The one good thing is now that the level has came down it makes it easier to fish if trees are present because you can actually make a cast to the bank without needing a chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    yep...ended up going today and water conditions are pretty much the same as a week ago. It may have cleared just a tad but there is stained to medium stain to be found and temps are the same. The one good thing is now that the level has came down it makes it easier to fish if trees are present because you can actually make a cast to the bank without needing a chainsaw.
    So did you catch anything???

Post Thanks / Like
    2 SM and 2KY's...had two more bites that did not make it into the boat. It looks like today is going to be a good day. Currently cloudy and they are predicting a overal gloomy looking day. Those dreadful looking days are what I like when fishing C-land. I am on my spring fishing vacation so I might as well go again.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

The gloomy days can be better on Cumberland for sure. I'm usually striper fishing at night this time of year, but it looks like it may be a while. Then it's on to smallmouth fishing & a few night time tournaments until it gets to cold to night fish which i do until we about freeze out. I love night fishing more then any other way of bass fishing. Guess i'm addicted. lol