Search Fishin.com

Thread: Kendal ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Kendal ramp

I see where it's closed for the season. I know ramp is damaged but how long are they calling the season? I fish a lot there. How far down is the next ramp? Ray man has one but never used it, who do you ask?
    Likes gnawbonejack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Mann ramp is right around the bend from Kendall, as long as it’s not washed out and you have a 4 wheel drive you should be ok, it’s not a paved ramp

Post Thanks / Like
    you dont have to ask anyone for permission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks stripernut! How long you think Kendall will be closed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the season means until next year at this same time.....the subsidence at the parkng lot shows a lot of underwater damage.....also you can see a glimpse of what may have happend to the ramp being undermined.

Im headed down this next week. Ill check in with the Army Corps to get a definitive answer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FFBF582-1767-4707-9240-D70DACDC0B55.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	18349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE7DE3A4-69A5-4079-B572-735E7E890F4F.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	18350  
    Likes gnawbonejack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if the corps has completely assessed the total damage and when the ramp can be repaired yet. I keep talking to buddies that work at the hatchery and they haven't heard a thing so far

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmann View Post
    I think the season means until next year at this same time.....the subsidence at the parkng lot shows a lot of underwater damage.....also you can see a glimpse of what may have happend to the ramp being undermined.

Im headed down this next week. Ill check in with the Army Corps to get a definitive answer
    Is burkeville flooded. I have never seen it this high before. I wouldn’t want to be on the river at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Burkesville

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Is burkeville flooded. I have never seen it this high before. I wouldn’t want to be on the river at this stage.
    Water in Burkesville has dropped about ten feet this week. But its still too high to fish effectively. If it drops another 6-8 feet
    you should be able to get after em. Our house did not flood but plenty around me did. Been seeing a few fish rise in the backyard but haven't been able to catch any of them. Brand new houses lived in for 2 months flooded! Our creek backed up over the road so we were stuck for a few days til the pasture dried out enough to drive through.

You would need to be at least 80 to remember the water being this high or higher. The Old Timers are telling stories of the whole town being flooded. Rowing a boat around the County building! Living on the second floor of your house for a week and putting the cows in the loft of the barn! Crazy stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    Water in Burkesville has dropped about ten feet this week. But its still too high to fish effectively. If it drops another 6-8 feet
    you should be able to get after em. Our house did not flood but plenty around me did. Been seeing a few fish rise in the backyard but haven't been able to catch any of them. Brand new houses lived in for 2 months flooded! Our creek backed up over the road so we were stuck for a few days til the pasture dried out enough to drive through.

You would need to be at least 80 to remember the water being this high or higher. The Old Timers are telling stories of the whole town being flooded. Rowing a boat around the County building! Living on the second floor of your house for a week and putting the cows in the loft of the barn! Crazy stuff.
    I'm sorry for folks that had flood issues......I never would have thought it would get that bad down there. The record rainfall, and the fact that it was a very very large rain event covering many states, meant a whole lot of water in a whole lot of places was being held back.....

CRAZY.

And now look at the flooding in the Midwest.......Just as crazy .

Post Thanks / Like

Kendall Ramp.

Was down over the weekend. With the river finally at 17,000 this is the ramp. Stripernut is correct, nobody seems to know how long it will be out of service. The second picture is of the campground road that slipped into the river. Should be fun learning the river again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0C91E07-719A-4996-880F-6DEB30EDB9C5.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	18372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9286257E-F993-4473-BE33-8C025CE1CCE8.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	18373  

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on Kendall ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by Richmann View Post

Did you find out anything new on the estimated down time? I checked the ramp at Traces on the Cumberland on Wednesday and it looked okay...