Fished Fords Bay on Lake Barkley today. I am
Happy to say water conditions are looking good. Water clarity still has a slight stain. Rather than a muddy brown, it’s a smoky green tint. Perfect for my style of fishing. Water temperature on flats in the back of coves and around shallow banks were between 60 and 61 degrees. The main waterway in the bay was around 59 degrees.

I began fishing right at the dirt boat ramp and followed the bank eastward for nearly a mile. I threw spin baits, square bills, Texas Riggs and had zero luck. I decided to make a change and paddled to the cove in the south side of Fords Bay. It is the second big cove on your left when entering from
the main body of the lake. I fished the cove westward toward the boat ramp and finally was on some fish along the bank. I caught 8 LM between 3PM and 6PM using a Missile Micro Jig and pumpkin senko cut in half. OH....and two drum. Four LM weighed over 2 pounds and the biggest was 3.3 pounds. The other three were dinkers.

They are starting to heat up ladies and gents! Hope this helps! Any questions, ask away. Tight lines!

-J