Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Western Kentucky Striper Fishing

Good afternoon everybody! Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of catching some striper out of a kayak or from the bank around Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. My brother is coming to visit and has never had the adrenaline rush of catching these beautiful fish. I’ve only caught them a handful of times with the help of my uncle down on Cherokee Lake in Tennessee. If anyone has any tips, advise or a little help it is greatly appreciated. Also what are they hitting right now? Should I use artificial or live bait? Again, any info is much appreciated. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    The White Bass run should be starting and you can find them on Little River down to Barkley Lake but this will just be the Yellow Bass and White Bass.Put in a park in Cadiz and float down toward the lake. I don't know much about catching Strippers or Hybirds on either Lake except that the ones I know about have been caught below the bridges on Hwy 68/80 and they have been some up to 50+ lbs.They also catch Stripper and all the others in the tailwaters below both of the lakes dams but DO NOT attempt to do that from a kayak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
    The White Bass run should be starting and you can find them on Little River down to Barkley Lake but this will just be the Yellow Bass and White Bass.Put in a park in Cadiz and float down toward the lake. I don't know much about catching Strippers or Hybirds on either Lake except that the ones I know about have been caught below the bridges on Hwy 68/80 and they have been some up to 50+ lbs.They also catch Stripper and all the others in the tailwaters below both of the lakes dams but DO NOT attempt to do that from a kayak.
    Thank you for the info and the help! It is much appreciated. We tried fishing for white bass at Nolin River two weeks ago but didn’t have any luck. We may check that out on the little river and look for some white bass. Striper should start running as well soon but don’t know if they travel up the little river for spawn. But hopefully we will find out 😁