Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland?

Anybody been on the water recently? Going down this week just wondering upper or lower. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there wed. , water temp anywhere from 62 to 67 , fished beaver creek and did well on all species of bass and caught a 32 inch walleye . Alternated between spinner bait , crank and jig all three caught fish at different parts of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljaw01 View Post
    Was there wed. , water temp anywhere from 62 to 67 , fished beaver creek and did well on all species of bass and caught a 32 inch walleye . Alternated between spinner bait , crank and jig all three caught fish at different parts of the day.
    Nice walleye.

Anyone know if/what time of night stripers are hitting top? Or if shad are coming up?

Was down in early April and just got them on slivers. I would like to narrow down a time....kind of tuckered with turkey season and work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
    Nice walleye.

Anyone know if/what time of night stripers are hitting top? Or if shad are coming up?

Was down in early April and just got them on slivers. I would like to narrow down a time....kind of tuckered with turkey season and work.
    My group and I will be there in a couple of weeks to fish the night bite for Stripers. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pct View Post
    My group and I will be there in a couple of weeks to fish the night bite for Stripers. Any info would be great.

Thanks
    Caught a few last night on slivers, but never threw anything else either. We found a few shad, but it wasn't heavy action & very few fish busting either. 2 different boats we talked to that fished the same area we did said they never found shad any whatsoever. Although they weren't big we had a few striper, 2 nice walleye, a spot & a smallmouth. A good top water bite would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Caught a few last night on slivers, but never threw anything else either. We found a few shad, but it wasn't heavy action & very few fish busting either. 2 different boats we talked to that fished the same area we did said they never found shad any whatsoever. Although they weren't big we had a few striper, 2 nice walleye, a spot & a smallmouth. A good top water bite would be nice.
    Main lake or creek? Time?

We fished about 1/2 way back a creek last week. Did OK...not great by any means. Most action was late 1:30 - 4:30 AM.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pct View Post

Thanks
    I hope to get down a few times in the next 3 weeks. I'll try to remember to post back if I have any info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Creek & about half way back, but when the sky got totally clear it ended pretty quick. I believe the fronts passing through are hurting it more then anything right now. I think a period of steady barometric pressure with a sliver to a quarter of moonlight would really help right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Creek & about half way back, but when the sky got totally clear it ended pretty quick. I believe the fronts passing through are hurting it more then anything right now. I think a period of steady barometric pressure with a sliver to a quarter of moonlight would really help right now.
    So many variables to this type fishing. But, it can be summed up...nice weather in April/May...GO!