Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cave Run or Green River Lake

Had to change plans for this weekend. Was originally headed to laurel from Friday to Sunday but looks like rain and thunderstorms. I am going to head down to either Green River or Cave Run on Sunday. Does anybody know if the bass are on beds on GRL? I assume they are so I may go to Cave Run and Muskie fish but I’m concerned about water clarity after the rain we’re supposed to get Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    At Green there is bass that have already spawned, actively spawning and some still moving in. I saw two small clusters of fry Tuesday 4/23. I seen an active bed Tuesday 4/30 and also caught one full of eggs that was nowhere near a typical spawning area, hence the reason I say they are in three different stages right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    At Green there is bass that have already spawned, actively spawning and some still moving in. I saw two small clusters of fry Tuesday 4/23. I seen an active bed Tuesday 4/30 and also caught one full of eggs that was nowhere near a typical spawning area, hence the reason I say they are in three different stages right now.
    Crappie are in the same 3 stages. Was there Tues and water color was clear to normal .. water temps ran between 65-70deg ... Butler Creek to Casey Creek was where I fished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of curiosity were you in Casey the last two tuesdays...and if you don't mind me asking what does your bot look like because I think I may have saw and spoke to you two Tuesday's ago.