Early summer fishing patterns have arrived here at East Central Florida in the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon backcountry now as of May 2019, water temperatures have risen into the upper 70’s F, more numbers of bait fish schools arriving,game fish becoming more widespread and less concentrated as normal for summer, more variety of species being caught on my trips as the subtropical warmer water types moving back north for the rest of the year after their wintering down south. These fun rod bending inshore game fish include Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish which join our local residential fish like Spotted Seatrout, Black Drum, Mangrove Snapper,Whiting and also a few Redfish and Snook make my mixed bag varietytrips interesting with all the different species. Recent trip with repeat clients from Indianapolis included lots of the usual fish, Candy had the best one a nice Black Drum……………….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May2019 CandyDrum.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	18670

More repeat clients from Buffalo, NY who were here on their annual New Smyrna Beach vacation, out with me again had a fun trip, young John caught a nice Seatrout……………..

Name:	May2019 JohnTrout.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	18671

Black Drum continue to be a staple species here in the backcountry waters frequenting deeper holes and small channel bottoms eating shrimp and crabs, I encourage Catch Photo Release on Drum both Red and Black to help support our pressured fishery and keep these fun fish around for years to come, John from Michigan with a nice Drum from another recent trip……….

Name:	May2019 John Drum.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	18672

Stephanie from Indiana caught a good Blacky out a deep hole up tight to a Mangrove shoreline………………

Name:	May2019 Stephanie Drum.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	18673

Young Sophie with a nice little Seatrout one of the many species caught along with her family out with me on a fun trip………………..

Name:	May2019 SophieTrout.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	18674

Jack Crevalle are regular catches on my back waters trips, they are very hard pulling, always a good battle on light tackle, these are juvenile Crevalles of 1 to 5 lbs. which live in the backcountry estuary the first couple years of their life before heading out to sea as they grow up, Matthew with a fun size Jack…………….

Name:	May2019 MatthewJack.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	18675

Fun Friendly Light Tackle Fishing Adventures
Closest Saltwater Fishing to Orlando at New Smyrna Beach
Calm Water Indian River Backcountry
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Capt.Michael Savedow