Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Camping and Fishing

Guys,

I would like to take my daughter camping for the first time, and she loves to fish, so I thought we could combine the two.

I live outside of Owensboro, so I would like to keep it within an hours drive if possible.

I don't really want to be around a ton of people, so I was looking at camping at maybe Peabody WMA, or something similar.

My ideal setup would be to camp along a creek or small river. Somewhere where we could camp and fish close to the campsite.

I know this is asking a lot of specific wants for the trip, but I thought I would just give it a try.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Lake Shelby in Shelbyville a few weekends ago. Really nice small campground, rv spots were close to the water, tent spots were right next to the lake. I was pretty impressed with it, pretty good fishing too. I think its probably around 2hrs from Owensboro.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Windy Hollow Campground?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dog creek campground at Nolin is close to your description. Nice little campground in a no ski zone.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a small campground between Central City and Madisonville on HWY 70 called Horseshoe Acres Restaurant and Campground.

It's just off Peabody with no lakes on property but just a quick drive and there are lakes everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, man, thanks for sharing this helpful article. Actually, I’m planning my trip to Australia now, and the provided info would be really useful for me. The last time I went camping was in Tofino last summer. We had a great time there. We even took a sandwich maker to make sandwiches on fire. Here you can check it https://www.amazon.com/pie-iron-for-.../dp/B088H42W2L. Truth be told, it was an amazing trip. I’d really be happy to have it once again. So, keep us updated. Thanks for your help.