Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

June 2019 Florida Daytona New Smyrna Beach Orlando

Water temperature up to the 80’s F as summer is in full swing, scattered fish is the warm water normal pattern with less schooling than in cooler water, however some areas will have more fish than others in locations and holes more favorable to the fish at any given moment with presence of bait ( food ), tidal flows, water levels or temperature. Open water fun inshore game fish like Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish are usual summer rod benders, other fish are more structure oriented, in the back waters staying near drop offs, creek mouths,points, downed mangrove branches, oyster bars, and holes, like Seatrout, Snook, Mangrove Snapper, Redfish, and Black Drum. Summer vacation season has lots of charter trips with families and kids,which are always lots of fun, making memories for them to remember for years to come, catching fish, seeing our Bottlenose Dolphins and Manatees up close and personal here in the Backcountry at New Smyrna Beach and Mosquito Lagoon on the Indian River. Young Grant from Kentucky out on a trip with his dad and grandfather caught and released a fun Black Drum ……………..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June2019 GrantDrum.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	18851

Snook are always a sought after backcountry fish in Florida, we are in the northern reaches of their range on the east coast and an occasional winter freeze can lessen the numbers of these sub tropical species which don’t fare well in very cold water, Cory from Orlando caught a fun size one with me recently ……………..

Name:	June2019 CorySnook.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	18852

Brett from Indianapolis with one of the nice Black Drum caught on a backwaters mixed bag variety fishing trip with lots of other types landed also ……………………

Name:	June2019 Brett Drum.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	18853

Spotted Seatrout are an every trip staple species along most of coastal Florida saltwater, young Mauris caught a nice one along with more smaller ones with me recently, larger Trout are important spawning fish so CPR, catch photo release especially on bigger Specks ………………

Name:	June2019 MaurisTrout.jpg 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	18854

I have lots of good local clients from Central Florida and the Orlando area like Tyler with a fun sized Black Drum ………………

Name:	June2019 TylerDrum.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	18855

Never know when a less common fish may come aboard, like this Cutlassfish aka Ribbonfish which struck an artificial lure along a deep drop off in the backcountry …………...

Name:	June2019 CaptMikeCutlassfish.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	18856

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
    CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
    Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
    See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt.Michael Savedow
    EdgewaterRiver Guide, Inc. Since 2003
    386-689-3781
    https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Savedow View Post
    Water temperature up to the 80’s F as summer is in full swing, scattered fish is the warm water normal pattern with less schooling than in cooler water, however some areas will have more fish than others in locations and holes more favorable to the fish at any given moment with presence of bait ( food ), tidal flows, water levels or temperature. Open water fun inshore game fish like Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish are usual summer rod benders, other fish are more structure oriented, in the back waters staying near drop offs, creek mouths,points, downed mangrove branches, oyster bars, and holes, like Seatrout, Snook, Mangrove Snapper, Redfish, and Black Drum. Summer vacation season has lots of charter trips with families and kids,which are always lots of fun, making memories for them to remember for years to come, catching fish, seeing our Bottlenose Dolphins and Manatees up close and personal here in the Backcountry at New Smyrna Beach and Mosquito Lagoon on the Indian River. Young Grant from Kentucky out on a trip with his dad and grandfather caught and released a fun Black Drum ……………..

Name:	June2019 GrantDrum.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	18851

Snook are always a sought after backcountry fish in Florida, we are in the northern reaches of their range on the east coast and an occasional winter freeze can lessen the numbers of these sub tropical species which don’t fare well in very cold water, Cory from Orlando caught a fun size one with me recently ……………..

Name:	June2019 CorySnook.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	18852

Brett from Indianapolis with one of the nice Black Drum caught on a backwaters mixed bag variety fishing trip with lots of other types landed also ……………………

Name:	June2019 Brett Drum.jpg 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	18853

Spotted Seatrout are an every trip staple species along most of coastal Florida saltwater, young Mauris caught a nice one along with more smaller ones with me recently, larger Trout are important spawning fish so CPR, catch photo release especially on bigger Specks ………………

Name:	June2019 MaurisTrout.jpg 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	18854

I have lots of good local clients from Central Florida and the Orlando area like Tyler with a fun sized Black Drum ………………

Name:	June2019 TylerDrum.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	18855

Never know when a less common fish may come aboard, like this Cutlassfish aka Ribbonfish which struck an artificial lure along a deep drop off in the backcountry …………...

Name:	June2019 CaptMikeCutlassfish.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	18856

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
    CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
    Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
    See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt.Michael Savedow
    EdgewaterRiver Guide, Inc. Since 2003
    386-689-3781
    https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Great photos!!