Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rough river Friday night open resultsR 7-5-19

Well fishing in water 13 feet high is still tough. Its for sure not getting any easier. That or maybe I'm just getting worse. The high water has to be hurting the local economy. With all the tournaments getting cancelled and the low turnout due to the high water, businesses up there have to be feeling the effects. Last nights results
    1st place. Chris Martin and James Sizemore. 9.81 lbs
    2nd place. Caleb Karns and Josh M. 5.07
    Big fish. Chris Martin and James Sizemore. 4.63 lbs
    We will be there next Friday playing in the high water again. Takeoff is at 7pm CST at the state ramp.
    Thanks
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the deal with the corps not pulling Rough back down to summer pool. Rough is on the Green River watershed. This includes Green, Barren, Rough and Nolin. I have noticed in the last couple months when one of the other lakes rise they pull it back down but Rough is not releasing any water...do you know the reason they are holding Rough? I never fish the lake but I still wonder what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    The corps posted on their Facebook page just last week why they haven't kept it pulled down. The main thing is that rough creek travels a long way til it hits the green river. And theres a lot of farm land in between that gets flooded when they let too much water out. Nolin only has a couple of miles til it hits green river and it goes thru mammoth cave not farmland. I understand not flooding farmland with crops in them. But my opinion is that the last couple years it has been poorly managed. I dont want farmers to lose money by floodwaters but the economy around rough is being compromised too. People that live on the lake have had to buy jon boats just to get to their docks while others have to swim to their docks. Camprgrounds are flooded which means fewer campers. Poor fishing due to high water means less fisherman. Which means the stores are taking a hit too. For me I just love to catch those green fish. Our numbers are down too and it's tough to go when it's so tough. But I'm still going to go because I have an obligation to be there for all the guys that come fish with us. I just hope they get that water down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply...I can understand not wanting to flood farmland but it still seems like they could let out more water than what they are doing. They are currently letting out 1011 cfs which is nowhere near max of what they can release. With a reales rate of 1011 cfs it will take 65 days for it to reach summer pool IF WE HAVE ZERO RAINFALL. Summer pool is 495 and the current level is 508. With a release rate of 1011 cfs the lake is falling .20 ft per day. That just seems super slow to me. Again I don't fish that lake but I often check the lakes in the green river watershed and I have noticed they are doing Rough strange this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I check the lake level a couple times a day. And every morning I check the outflow. Very discouraging for me. It gets very aggravating seeing all the other lakes at summer pool and rough is so high you can barely turn a truck around at the state ramp to launch your boat. Me and the guys we fish with are absolutely ate up with night fishing. And with the lake up the fishing is tough but it's also dangerous. It's no fun hitting a tree with your boat.
    Likes roughriderbill liked this post