Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Northern Ky spots

I'm taking my dad out Saturday morning. Any suggestions on where to go in NKY? We will be fishing from the bank with live bait.
    Thanks,
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Find a FINS lake nearby. There are several in northern KY. They should have recently (this month or last) been stocked with eating sized channel cats. You can go on Fish and Wildlife’s website to find the stocking schedule and pick the one stocked most recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it and hoping we catch some fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trott31 View Post
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it and hoping we catch some fish.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The fins lake in Alexandria is pretty good from what I hear I have fished there a few times it has a paved path all the way around it I've been told fishing for channel cats is very good

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again

Hey guys. Thanks again for the info. We went to Bullock Pen the Sat after this post. We had some success catching around 10 bluegill and rock bass a piece fishing on the bank by the boat ramp. Yesterday we went to the Alexandria Community park lake and had much less luck. We each had a line on the bottom and one with a bobber from 730 until almost 3. My dad caught a bluegill and a small largemouth. I caught nothing. Talking to another guy fishing, I learned the channel cat stocking for July was pushed back or cancelled due to water temperature. I haven't heard or seen a date for the stocking to be rescheduled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trott31 View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks again for the info. We went to Bullock Pen the Sat after this post. We had some success catching around 10 bluegill and rock bass a piece fishing on the bank by the boat ramp. Yesterday we went to the Alexandria Community park lake and had much less luck. We each had a line on the bottom and one with a bobber from 730 until almost 3. My dad caught a bluegill and a small largemouth. I caught nothing. Talking to another guy fishing, I learned the channel cat stocking for July was pushed back or cancelled due to water temperature. I haven't heard or seen a date for the stocking to be rescheduled.
    Yeah ... they kinda had a little "problem" with the July stocking at several FINs lakes. Seems a lot of the cats they stocked died within a few days of being stocked, and some lakes even reported fish kills involving species other than the catfish they stocked.

https://fw.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Ca...-Schedule.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Doe Run

My dad and I went to Doe Run yesterday. We fished off the bank right by the parking lot near the memorial little shelter. We caught a ton of bluegill and sunfish. A few of which were about hand size. I also caught a 12 inch channel cat and a 8 inch bass ( looked like a hybrid). Fishing the bottom resulted in a couple decent sized turtles as well (the larger one was a softshell that looked like he already had a line cut sticking out of his mouth). It was a great day for us. Quite a bit of action even if the majority were rather small.

Post Thanks / Like

Amendment

I reviewed the pic I have of the one I thought was a bass. Its definitely not. Its definitely a black crappie. I apologize for the mix up.