Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek report from Tuesday

We got on the water about 530p and quickly discovered the outboard wouldn't start. While this wasn't a good start, I knew we could catch fish anyway. We put in at the dam and immediately started started trolling across it trying different baits. I finally tied on a 5 inch craw imitator in black and neon green and cast to the bank. I worked in out into about 10-12 fow when I realized I hadn't taken the plastic wrap off the cork handle on my brand new rod. While messing with the rod I notice my line moving off the bank. Swing and a miss. I throw back out and thought that I should deadstick it again. I pull out to 10-12 fow and let it sit and again it starts to swim off. Set the hook into something that felt like a log. Suddenly it started digging and was going for the deep. After a few minutes of a tug-o-war battle I landed one of the fattest 18 inch fish I have ever seen.
    We continued across the dam without other bites. Once we got to the standing timber, I started throwing a 7 inch motor oil worm with no success. I quickly switched over to a 12 inch red shad worm and immediately missed a couple fish and then landed a bass about the length of my worm. My son switched over to a watermelon red shimmy stick and began getting eat up. He caught a few small ones in the trees and we decided to cut back across the lake toward the ramp. We caught a few small fish going toward the dam and then he slammed a 17 inch LM about 10 yards before the dam. Of course he would catch his fish in front of a ramp full of people lol. Anyway we ended up with 7 fish in the boat with 3 decent fish (15, 17, 18 inch). Hope this helps someone.

Tight lines,
    RJP
    Likes Wormin, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report. Sorry about the boat. Hopefully it’s nothing too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    X2.

Post Thanks / Like

boat was my fault

Forgot to plug in on board charger after last trip because I plugged in the weed eater and well I'm old and forgetful.... wait, what was I talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    And you just reminded me to plug in my charger before Sunday!!!!