Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Replacing my submersible lights

I'm thinking of replacing my old halogen submersibles with one of the new LED lights, I know of the hydro glow lights and Amazon has many versions.
    I see that Hydro glow now has a compact HG45 light that has 5000 lums. Will fit in the glove box on my boat which is very appealing to me.

Anyone have a recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen that particular light from Hydro glow but I do know they stand behind their products if you should ever have a problem. They sent me a new light after some of the LEDs had burnt out and I really couldn't tell them when I had bought the light. I don't think 5000 lumens would be too much. I use two two foot Hydro glow lights and that's close to 5000 I think.

With that many lumens you might want to Consider a "remote control 12V LED dimmer" that allows you to dim the light. You can Google that and find some for about nine bucks. I have "think" that sometimes it Helps to dim the light to 60% a couple of minutes or so before you throw (maybe longer, but haven't tried that because I am a chicken) which theoretically would make the bait tighter. It also allows you to remain standing with the net ready to throw and turn the light off and on by yourself.

The dimming aspect still remains theory at this point. I've been playing with it and "think" it helps but there are so many other factors involved for example is the bait all globbed together making a big circle around the light so sometimes it's where you throw and sometimes it's not. Also the ambient light is a factor. I would not dim it on a full moon. I am pretty convinced that that does not work.

All sorts of entertaining things to think about when you're by yourself at 4 AM on the lake. Another one… When there's no bait showing on the graph after certain amount of time should I moved to another spot… It has never helped. And another one… am I drifting?

Back to your question. I can recommend Hydro glow because I have had some and have not used any others. I bang they around pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Lights

Thanks for the reply. There are so many led lights out there. I want ones from a good company that stands behind their products.
    I saw where I can buy them on Amazon for $50 less than their website. So I contacted hydro glow about if they warranty these lights and they said no. They don't know where these lights are from . Unless they are one of their authorized retailers they aren't under warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    Thanks for the reply. There are so many led lights out there. I want ones from a good company that stands behind their products.
    I saw where I can buy them on Amazon for $50 less than their website. So I contacted hydro glow about if they warranty these lights and they said no. They don't know where these lights are from . Unless they are one of their authorized retailers they aren't under warranty.
    Thats what I like about Hydro glow you can talk to the people that make the lights on the phone and even ask for recommendations for your particular lake and they know what they're talking about.