Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Kevin has horrible accident at lower spillway at fa

Prayers and thoughts out to my dear friend and fishing buddy Kevin “Possum” Campbell. He is at University Hospital in Louisville with a possible broken neck. He was fishing the lower spillway at the Falls and apparently took a super nasty fall . A fisherman seen him laying on the rocks and he was only able to move his fingers. . He called 911 and the Fire Dept came and got him . He told the fisherman that helped him he thinks he broke his neck. Hang in there Possum , I luv ya man

Post Thanks / Like

Update

So I went to see Kevin on my lunch,they did surgery on his neck last night and they removed one disc and fused the others, he was moving his arms , but has no feeling on anything below his waist, he needs lots of prayers that is for sure. He has a tube in his throat and could t talk, but he knew I was there. If anyone knows his sister or brother phone number please let me knoy

Post Thanks / Like

Update

UPDATE...went to see Kevin on Sunday. They removed the vent tube. He was in pretty good spirits considering . He did move his right leg and he was happy about that. He is very lucky he didn’t drown . They kept raising the water level. He layer there from 9 am until 5 o’clock in the heat, it is amazing he didn’t have a heat stroke,

I don’t understand why none of the Corps of Engineers employees didn’t see him laying there for 8 hours. They blew the siren for the 4th time and were raising the level again , he said “well this is it I am going to drown, laying there completely paralyzed and the water was rising . Just about that time a fisherman , Shawn seen him and came up there and moved him out of the water and called 911. Shawn saved his life . I am going to call the Corps and tell them. They need to start looking out there .It’s ridiculous. They swept 2 fisherman off the shelf 2 years ago and one of them drowned . They need to start looking with binoculars before they make a drastic rise in the level

Post Thanks / Like
    Man. That’s a terrible predicament your buddy Possum was in hearing the sirens and not beeping able to move. I can’t imagine what that would be like. Tell him I will say some prayers for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad to hear about this....prayers going up that Kevin makes a complete recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers sent Jay, was he on the rock peninsula in-between the hydro's and the lower dam? And no they rarely look anymore when adjusting the water levels, don't know why. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Chuck, that's where he was. My buddy Sean noticed when he first got there that Kevin's kayak that he used to get there was starting to float down stream. That's when Sean knew something was not good. He then beached his boat and got Kevin the help he needed. Ive fished with Kevin for years and glad he wasn't another statistic on the river that day. Thanks for being at the right place at the right time Sean. Prayers for Kev and hopes for a speedy and full recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Sean

That’s right Don , Sean saved his life . You me and Possum have had some awesome days out there striped fishing , I just pray that he will be able to do it again

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers to your friend!! I've been down there a few times through the years as I lived in Jeffersonville most of my life. What a dangerous area the Falls can be!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    That’s right Don , Sean saved his life . You me and Possum have had some awesome days out there striped fishing , I just pray that he will be able to do it again
    These are pics of Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    These are pics of Kevin
    Pics of Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jfw_Ohio_river%20_hybrid.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	19142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img475.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	19143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ohio river smallmouth .jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	19144  

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Kevin. He has an amazing spirit and attitude that I don’t know I would possess after such a horrible accident. We laughed a lot together and had thoughtful conversation, having just met. I hope to one day fish with him one day soon, I could learn so much from this man regarding our craft. Just want to send more positive thoughts his way, he deserves to be back on the water casting that spook.