Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Video Player not working

I've noticed that the adobe flash video player is not working right after I updated my Windows 10 Pro OS to the new version and I am using EDGE browser. The videos will start and stop quickly over and over again. I read that Adobe no longer has the Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Edge browser and that Windows 10 Pro already has a version of Flash built into it. But I also read that sometime in 2020 Adobe will abandon the Flash player.

Post Thanks / Like

MS fixed the problem with an update for Adobe Flash Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I've noticed that the adobe flash video player is not working right after I updated my Windows 10 Pro OS to the new version and I am using EDGE browser. The videos will start and stop quickly over and over again. I read that Adobe no longer has the Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Edge browser and that Windows 10 Pro already has a version of Flash built into it. But I also read that sometime in 2020 Adobe will abandon the Flash player.
    Well Microsoft gave me a new update security patch for Adobe Flash Player and all it better now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most major tech companies want the industry to MOVE from flash. Native HTML5 supports everything Flash does, and it is about 8 billion times more secure.......

Since it is better, and more secure, NO ONE will use it .

Remember when microsoft's silverlight was supposed to beat flash, and put it out of business??

Fun.

later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

MS is doing away with flash in windows now

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Most major tech companies want the industry to MOVE from flash. Native HTML5 supports everything Flash does, and it is about 8 billion times more secure.......

Since it is better, and more secure, NO ONE will use it .

Remember when microsoft's silverlight was supposed to beat flash, and put it out of business??

Fun.

later,

Geo
    I never did figure out why the videos would not work. It was like that for a few days or maybe a week. Then all of a sudden it was working ok again. SMH. I did read that Microsoft Windows 10 was not going to support Adobe Flash or maybe it was Adobe Shockwave anymore starting this year or next. I'm not that up to date on video stuff. I just know when it works and when it doesn't work. I did read that there are security problems with the adobe flash player. Some of my web site's video's worked the entire time. CNN was one that got really screwed up and that's fixed now. Videos that is.