Search Fishin.com

Thread: Site check

Post Thanks / Like

Site check

Haven’t seen any new posts in days, youall still kicking?
    Likes GeoFisher, charley2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of us are........Just not been fishing much

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Ohio River today

Me and a friend of mine fished the Ohio river this morning from day break to 11o A M. Put in at Augusta Ky. above Meldahl dam. The river was like a sheet of glass this morning. Fished the Ky. side about half a mile above White Oak Creek. I caught 2 largemouth bass. One was 14 1/2" long and the other was 14 3/4" long. Caught both on a baby brushawg in pumpkin color. Sorry to say my friend didn't catch any. It was great to be out fishing with a friend and enjoying the company. 11:00 A M. it started getting hot and the boat traffic was getting bad, we called it a day. Going to try it again Wed. with my brother. Tight lines.
    Likes PRO V LE, GeoFisher, charley2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update

Wed. morning my brother and I fished the river below Meldhal dam. Put in at New Richmond Ohio, nice ramp. was curious about the Miami river, when we got there I was disappointed so much obstruction in the water I didn't want to risk it. Went back up river and fished around Beckjord power plant, current was to swift to fish there. We went back up river about a mile above the New Richmond ramp and fished a jetty. the water was swift coming over the shallows but I thought it would be a good place for my
    brother to fish his new whopper plopper top water bait. After some time a fish blew up on his bait and the fight was on. He decided to capture it on his Go Pro, when he reached down to turn it on he got some slack in his line and the fish got off. The only fish that day and he missed it. Well we had a good time and latter joked about it. I told him next time leave the Go Pro at home, we can always say it was a big fish, even if it wasn't. On the positive side we made some great memories, for this old man that's what counts. Tight Lines All.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give a report for my last two weeks. Two weekends ago I heard rumors of an early crappie bite starting because of the 55 degree nights we had been having so gave it a shot and sure enough had a decent day on Saturday. 7 keepers and about 10-11 dinks. Still deeper 12-15 feet on brush but moving in the right direction. Fast forward to the next Saturday, still found fish but bites were fewer and farther. Had 4 that kept and 10-11 dinks a small channel cat and a 9 pound flat head. Fished Monday since I was off work on a holiday and it seems the warm up at night and during the day has shut them off. Very few bites with only one keeper and a few dinks. Time to wait a few weeks again I guess. Tight lines fellas.
    Likes Brushawg liked this post