Autumn 2019 has arrived, we’ve had plenty of east winds off the ocean,cooling us down just a little bit , as early fall is still fairly warm here in East Central Florida, the east winds raise water levels in the Intracoastal Waterway and saltwater Mosquito Lagoon by pushing more ocean water inside the near by Ponce De Leon Inlet and filling the estuary with clean seawater, also beginning the process of clearing the water clarity after the usual cloudy water of summer.Schooling inshore game fish as coming through the region as well as the fall migration of baitfish, surface striking Jack Crevalle,Bluefish and Ladyfish are great fun for sight fishing, casting baitor lures right into the white water surface action can bring instant hook ups and great rod bending with drag pulling. Also the usual Seatrout, Mangrove Snapper, Whiting, and others are abundant here in the backwaters, Snook, Black Drum and Redfish and others are also always a possibility. Family friendly trips with children are one of my regular types of charters, is great fun putting everyone on catching fish, but kids catching a good one is always a treat. Young Frankie from Orlando had a great battle catching a nice Black Drum ona back water creek…………….

[/FONT]Sept 2019 Frankie Drum.jpg

One of the very favorite catches for novice fishers on a back country charter is a Shark, young Sadie from Tennessee out with her family on a recent trip with me got a fun little Shovelnose Shark that came aboard for a quick picture before release………………

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sept 2019 SadieShark.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	19355

First cast of the trip for little Presley from New Jersey had her pulling on a fun Jack Crevalle setting a great tone for the morning charter……………..

Name:	Sept 2019 PresleyJack.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	19356

Florida Pompano have been a regular catch in the backwaters here in my area the last few years, they are great fighters being a member of the Jack family, John from Ohio out with a group of very long time regular clients with a nice one …………….

Name:	Sept 2019 JohnPompano.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	19357

I had a fun time out on a scouting trip with my friend casting artificial soft plastic lures on the edge of the intracoastal channel first thing in the morning, my first strike was a pretty nice Snook for a good photo and release ………………..

Name:	Sept 2019 CaptMikeSnook.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	19358

A few minutes later my lure got bit again by a nice Spotted Seatrout which also got his photo taken before I set him free……………….

Name:	Sept 2019 CaptMikeTrout.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	19359

You never know when a surprise fish will come to the boat with my usual mixed bag variety back waters fishing style, this one a little Bonefish caught by Joe from Louisiana……………...

Name:	Sept 2019 Joe Bonefish.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	19360

Fun Friendly Light Tackle Fishing Adventures
Closest Saltwater Fishing to Orlando at New Smyrna Beach
Calm Water Indian River Backcountry
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Capt.Michael Savedow