Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow

Anybody know water temp up around the state dock on Dale Hollow? I know the COE is saying 81 degrees at dam. Going next week. Hoping it値l cool down alittle by then.
    Likes Brushawg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there 9/29 thru 10/2. Water temp was 82 and still very clear. Top water bite was good daylight til about 9 or 10. Dead sea after that. Tried to night fish one night around Trooper Island, Cactus Island area but it was slow.
    Good Luck next week.
    CW

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Cousin Wilbur. COE still has it at 81 degrees as of the 10th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill be heading down this weekend. Have the fishing been picking up any? Any tips on catching the smallmouth. I have not be on Dale since this spring.
    Likes DogFood liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also am heading down this weekend, and would also appreciate any updates. Fishing out of the state park.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were down there last week, the 13th -16th, the temperature Ranged from 72-75. The COE said yesterday the temperature was at 72. We were catching smallmouths in 25-30 foot of water around deep points using shiners and jigs. This weekend looks like some serious rain coming in. Be careful and have good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    When we were down there last week, the 13th -16th, the temperature Ranged from 72-75. The COE said yesterday the temperature was at 72. We were catching smallmouths in 25-30 foot of water around deep points using shiners and jigs. This weekend looks like some serious rain coming in. Be careful and have good luck.
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping I might be able to get on a top water bite. With the rain I might get lucky. I will be down for a week, so hopefully I will get on some kind of pattern.
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EKY Bass View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping I might be able to get on a top water bite. With the rain I might get lucky. I will be down for a week, so hopefully I will get on some kind of pattern.
    As usual, top water has been good since the extreme temps exited. Maybe not as good as normal due to elevated water temps but still good early/late and throughout day. Look til you find the pattern and it will pay off.
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I値l be heading back down on November 10th for a few days. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Give us a report after you trip please. Again, luck and above all, be careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trip to Dale was overall good. The best days on the water was during the weekend with the rain and wind. Was able to catch 2 smallmouth in the 4 pound range and around 10 in the 2-3 pound range. Then later in the week the sun and minimal wind seem to slow the bite and made for tougher fishing the last part of the trip. The top water bite was minimal to none for me. Swimbaits and spinnerbaits was my go to this trip. Water temps was 67 to 68 on the main lake. Biggest production I had came from flats and points in 15-20 foot range. Shad seem to still be a little deeper on the main lake imo. Did not fish the creeks or rivers due to the big tournament last weekend (Figured they hit them hard).
    Likes CaptObvious, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am suppose to head down Sunday the 10th however with the forecast for a couple of those days having the highs around freezing and the nights really cold, I don稚 know if this old man can handle it. Not worth my health. I値l probably make my mind up Saturday.