Search Fishin.com

Thread: Values

Post Thanks / Like

Values

Values

A nation reflects the personal values of the majority of its people, and these values are reflected in how we live and vote. These values also influence outcomes in our daily life. On a national level these values influence the institutions of our government. However, if the personal values of government leaders do not reflect the personal values of the people, this can be disastrous for a nation. One of the most important of all personal values related to our personal happiness is righteousness. So what is righteousness?

Righteousness is the quality of being morally right or justifiable. The term righteous is commonly referred to, as something that you believe is morally right or fair. Given man’s varying opinion about what is morally right or fair, righteousness can have a wide range of definitions. The Bible teaches that righteousness is based on what God says about what makes us right in His eyes. What makes us right or righteous in God’s eyes is not anything that we have done. It is our response to His grace by believing through faith that what God has told us about salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ is true. I am reminded of Hebrews 13:18, “Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.”

Some of the basic Christian values are: service, thankfulness, compassion, endurance, creativity, justice, peace, love, faith, grace, hope, humility, joy, respect and forgiveness. All of these values are referenced in both the Old and New Testament of the Bible. In this time of turmoil in our nation, maybe these values can influence wisdom and solutions to our division as a nation.

Bonefish

Post Thanks / Like
    life long politicians are the lowest form of humanity and the average voter doesn't comprehend. the deep state is real and in both parties.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not looking to start a political post here. I am just frustrated that we have come to this point in our nation where important issues need to be addressed concerning the people of this nation. We have now a major shift in the political process, the media and the economy that has divided us greatly. It seems we have a stalemate in politics and government. I just feel it is time for both political parties to engage in meaningful dialog to move our country forward. I don't think this will happen until both sides realize they are at a dead-end, and the people of the nation say they have had enough. This will take a new approach, one that values problem solving over partisan fighting. I just don't know when and if that will happen. I do pray our leaders at some point put this nation's needs first at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    What we have now are governmental majoritarian institutions protecting their own interest by electoral manipulation, corruption and outright depression of constitutional rights. America is experiencing a time of strong partisanship but week parties. The hope is our nation can transition into a period of peace and stability, resisting radical ideologies. However, this transition depends upon the ability to establish an effective, competitive conservative party that resist these radical ideologies and can preserve our rights as stated in the constitution.