Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Report Wolf Creek Dam: Cumberland River

We held our 32 nd annual get together of military brothers, leo's, firefighters and close friends last week at Kendall. Good numbers of trout caught by some and tough for some others. Many of the trout looked stressed out but some seemed to be in good shape. Lots of reports of slot Rainbows being caught. Crankbaits seemed to be the ticket for more action. Surface temps were around 65 degrees last week.

We have a trophy we pass back and forth each year for the largest trout taken by weight during the get together. This year the winner was a monster 6lb 11oz Rainbow taken on a spoon near the dam.

Had a number of reports from some of the guys that were there the first few days of October of numbers of floating Walleye on the river.

Thought this might interest you guys that fish the river.
    Likes riverrat12, OutInKy, Wormin, peter, Brushawg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    We held our 32 nd annual get together of military brothers, leo's, firefighters and close friends last week at Kendall. Good numbers of trout caught by some and tough for some others. Many of the trout looked stressed out but some seemed to be in good shape. Lots of reports of slot Rainbows being caught. Crankbaits seemed to be the ticket for more action. Surface temps were around 65 degrees last week.

We have a trophy we pass back and forth each year for the largest trout taken by weight during the get together. This year the winner was a monster 6lb 11oz Rainbow taken on a spoon near the dam.

Had a number of reports from some of the guys that were there the first few days of October of numbers of floating Walleye on the river.

Thought this might interest you guys that fish the river.
    Man, I sure wish I was down there a week later............I would have loved to have came by to see you.

I remember you and I talking about your get together down there, and as soon as I drove through the campground, I knew that was the weekend... .

Maybe next year.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Dam fishing

Trout fishing slow from shore. Total 3 trout10,11,12 inches. Did catch a very heathy 41/2 pound, 20 inch largemouth on red power bait. Looked like a football. Quickly released. Huge schools of what I thought were shad. Snag one, ended up being schools of 4 inch skipjacks. Too bad you can’t throw a castnet there could of loaded up.
    Likes buickfan70 liked this post