Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale and Cumberland turnovers

With the cooler weather (ok cold) we have had the last couple of weeks. What condition are the lakes in with turn over. Was planning to go to Dale 25th 26th 27th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    With the cooler weather (ok cold) we have had the last couple of weeks. What condition are the lakes in with turn over. Was planning to go to Dale 25th 26th 27th.
    I was told by a buddy that up ilwill it is turning over, and ashburn and some of the obey is beginning to turn over.

Very sulphery smelling in those areas, from what I've been told.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was hoping for some turnover color in white oak on Cumberland this weekend as I can usually catch bigger bait once that begins to occur. No sign of it however. Water was actually quite clear.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Consider more cool water was pulled out of Cumberland than normal with the record flooding in the spring and over drawing for the new marina this fall. Water temps down to 80 foot have been above 63 degrees for months. Water physics says colder water is heavier and drops while warmer water rises. So that means water to at least 80 feet has been, "turned over" since early November. The only water left to turn over was the deepest water, mostly in the major creek branch channels and main lake. If you are waiting for the water to turn over in the creeks, you need to check the 2020 Calendar! LOL Seriously, everything happened a little earlier this year until now but it seems to be back to the normal schedule aside from the over drawing. And we may see that as the norm moving forward. Hopefully, they will wise up and not pull it so early from here on out, but I understand politics played a major roll in that this year.