Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green river lake ramps

With water being held 15' over summer pool,are there any ramp usable.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    With water being held 15' over summer pool,are there any ramp usable.Thanks
    You "might" be able to launch a boat at the state campground ramp, but you'd likely be launching on the entry road & not the actual ramp. My question would be .... "why" would you want to ?? Cumberland is close by and their ramps are probably mostly open with the water at 693.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    You "might" be able to launch a boat at the state campground ramp, but you'd likely be launching on the entry road & not the actual ramp. My question would be .... "why" would you want to ?? Cumberland is close by and their ramps are probably mostly open with the water at 693.
    A friend is wanted to go to green crappie fishing, told him I would see if any of the ramps were usable. I also told him would probable be to muddy to fish were he is want's to fish anyway(Holmes area). No for me I will be on Cumberland on new years day I always try to start the new year fishing. Got some new Float and Fly's in and the 10' rods ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    A friend is wanted to go to green crappie fishing, told him I would see if any of the ramps were usable. I also told him would probable be to muddy to fish were he is want's to fish anyway(Holmes area). No for me I will be on Cumberland on new years day I always try to start the new year fishing. Got some new Float and Fly's in and the 10' rods ready.
    Yeah ... Holmes Bend has water up to the roof of the COE fee collection building. I don't think the guides are even fishing. He'd be better off going to Cumberland, and fishing in the backs of creeks around the little trees along the bank. But, the water level is coming down (again) so I'm not sure if the Crappie are still hanging there like they were when the water was at this level a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live near the Holmes Bend ramp. Sunday just before dark I drove by there just to have a look at the water. Even though it was late in the day there were still two truck/trailers in the parking lot, so yes people are launching from the road. Water had 95% of the second parking lot covered. I have launched there when water was this high or higher using the road, however you need two people if you don't want to get your feet wet. There is some slope to the road but not like the ramp. You have to back down where your vehicle tires are into the water in order to get the trailer deep enough to float the boat. If solo you're getting wet feet, hence the reason I say you need two people.

Lone Valley is decent at high water but there is a point when it gets to the top of the ramp at the turn that it gets hard. It's okay a little high or super high, but not at the level when the turn is not covered in water. Also Butler is good to launch from in high water but there reaches a point when it gets so high it crest the slope in the road and it becomes too level to launch. At the level we have now Butler may or may not be usable. I know its usable to right around 15 or so feet over. Its currently 16 ft over so Butler may or may not be usable. If it was 10-12 feet over I would say use Butler with no problem but at 16 ft over I really don't know.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will pass the info on.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face GRL spillway now at full throttle.

If no major rains come, the lake should make it to summer pool around January 20, my birthday.