Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Lance. The wife and I bought a condo at Woodson Bend about a year ago. Since they have a lifetime waiting list for a boat slip, we decided to keep the boat at Burnside marina. We have a 22’ fishing pontoon with a 115 outboard and a ski pylon for family outings. Most of the time it’s just me, and I am striper fishing. I generally run live bait on planers or down lines (5 rods for now, but working on a couple more). As I said, I don’t like to go much beyond fishing creek because I am paying marina prices for gas. I caught several stripes this past year between the river and fishing creek on the main lake and in Pittman creek. I was there about two weeks ago and saw tons of shad up in the head of Pittman and around the Burnside island boat ramp, but couldn’t get on any active fish. I have heard that the river is good in the winter, but haven’t had any luck yet. I will be happy to post any useful information if and when I have any. Lance
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heard some fairly recent reports of some good fish being caught waaayyy up river around the Omega/Buck Creek area and up into buck creek. These fish were caught in jumps mostly but several fish seen on the surface that wouldn't bite artificial so pulling bait may have been the key those days.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are generating at the steam plant, back and forth through there can produce(also pick up a few walleye)
    Likes peter liked this post