Hi all, I am coming from Wisconsin to fish for bass for 4 days either next week (Christmas week), or the following week (new year’s week) largely depending on feedback here and weather, water level wind reports. I want to fish Cumberland. I figure the rain you all are getting now might change things, but also maybe sideline enough fishermen to get a response.

I’m a HS teacher in Milwaukee and can’t stand open water and gun deer season being over. I am hoping I can get answers to a couple questions. I haven’t been to KY since we used to load up the station wagon as a kid, but who knows after this trip might pack it up again.

I want to fish Lake Cumberland, but am open to others. Obviously cold is not a concern for me, but of course wind, current, floating trees, and water conditions are. I’ve watched way too many youtube videos and read most of the posts here like I would getting ready for any body of water (we have lakelink that many complain has to much detail). I have a small boat that I take out on Green Bay, big lakes, rivers and our impoundments so I know my limitations and one is I have limited range of a few miles so my plan is to launch and stay in creeks, maybe venturing out depending on conditions.

Questions

I know you do not have crystal balls and areas and creek to creek will be different, but would you guess water conditions (clarity, current, levels etc.) be better next week (Christmas), or the following week (new years)?

Are the launches in creeks I find online (Directions to Boat Ramps at Lake Cumberland) and in google maps mainly accessible in the next couple weeks?

Let’s say for some reason Cumberland is a bust for whatever reason. Could you name a lake or two as fall backs for bass?

OK, I am probably saying and asking too much already, but thanks in advance for any help.

Bill