Search Fishin.com

Thread: A-rig

Post Thanks / Like

A-rig

Can anyone tell me what the legal hook limit is for fishing a Alabama rig in Kentucky? Been wanting to experiment with A-rigs and just wanted to make sure I was legal. Have been browsing around on the Fish and Wildlife website and I can't seem to find anything concrete. Would also like a recommendation on what size jig heads to start with if i'm wanting to throw a 3.5"-4.5" plastic. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    -Jeff
    Likes Brushawg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.parislanding.com/umbrella_rig_12.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JBake502 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the legal hook limit is for fishing a Alabama rig in Kentucky? Been wanting to experiment with A-rigs and just wanted to make sure I was legal. Have been browsing around on the Fish and Wildlife website and I can't seem to find anything concrete. Would also like a recommendation on what size jig heads to start with if i'm wanting to throw a 3.5"-4.5" plastic. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    -Jeff
    http://www.parislanding.com/umbrella_rig_12.htm Here is a site that may help you. Tight Lines
    Likes JBake502 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBake502 View Post
    -Jeff
    You are allowed 5 hooks in Kentucky. I use three 1/8 ounce heads for the top two wires and the center wire. i use two 1/4 heads for the bottom two wires to act as a keel.
    Likes JBake502 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They may be right, but I see guys throwing tandem A-Rigs one in front of the other and side by side,not for sure how they cast those things and then you have crappie guys spider rigging with 8 poles in the water double rigged that 16 hooks in the water. 'Not that there is any thing wrong with that just saying'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedhook View Post
    You are allowed 5 hooks in Kentucky. I use three 1/8 ounce heads for the top two wires and the center wire. i use two 1/4 heads for the bottom two wires to act as a keel.
    sounds like im going shopping for 1/8 oz jig heads tomorrow. thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushawg View Post
    http://www.parislanding.com/umbrella_rig_12.htm Here is a site that may help you. Tight Lines
    good read, appreciate the response