Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Silvers in Chick...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope not good at all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think some people realize the potential area these things still have available to expand into. Many years ago they were raised in farm ponds in Illinois for commercial use. Massive floods from the Illinois river got into the ponds an Asins were introduced to the Illinois River which just so happens to be connected to the main tributary of water in the entire United States...The Mighty Mississippi...once they found the Mississippi they pretty much have access to anywhere they want to go in the central United States from almost to Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. Then you have the tons of feeder systems that feed the Mississippi. That's how they got to Chickamauga. From the Mississippi they went to the Ohio river then through the lock at KY dam and then through the various other locks and dams on the TN river all the way to Chickgumua.

It's not happened yet but there will come a day when we hear about them in Venice Louisiana where the Mississippi dumps into the gulf. There will also be a day when we hear about them in places above Pittsburgh Pennsylvania where the three rivers come together and form the Ohio. Pretty much central United States and parts of the North/Central East is vulnerable to an Asian carp invasion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure both the Allegany and the Monogaheli (spell) has them already. They have been at the Mcalpine for years and they travel. They have been devastating to the small fry and spawning areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to hit it hard the next few years to try and get a teener from there, but if I notice a decline in the fishing I'll be looking for a new trophy lake to hit....