Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Help With Smoky Mountian NP

I'll be down in the Smokys later this week.

Do any of you know a decent spot to stop along the road in SMNP do do some quick fishing while I am there? I'll probably only have a couple of hours to fish, so I'm just looking for somewhere quick, next to the road.

Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this would get more attention in the TN forum...

Anyway, I assume you are trout fishing, which I know nothing about. But, if you leave Gatlinburg and head South on 441, then turn on Fighting Creek Gap Road that leads toward Cades Cove there are tons of pull-offs along the way. The first stretch is along Fighting Creek, but later on the road runs along Little River. You could finish the day off with a loop around Cades Cove and see what critters are out.

This is a pretty good drive, but it's much more enjoyable than fighting the mess they call Gatlinburg!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im pretty sure my dad took us trout fishing at little river once or twice.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Little River Road has many spots where you can fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    I'll be down in the Smokys later this week.

Do any of you know a decent spot to stop along the road in SMNP do do some quick fishing while I am there? I'll probably only have a couple of hours to fish, so I'm just looking for somewhere quick, next to the road.

Any help is appreciated.
    I use to drive down little river road and stop and fish along the road. The River runs right next to the road. You may have to climp up a bank to get back up to the vehicle and climb down the bank to fish. But I was able to find a few spots to fish. I too only had a few hours to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Cade Cove can take hours to drive

Quote Originally Posted by OutInKy View Post
    Maybe this would get more attention in the TN forum...

Anyway, I assume you are trout fishing, which I know nothing about. But, if you leave Gatlinburg and head South on 441, then turn on Fighting Creek Gap Road that leads toward Cades Cove there are tons of pull-offs along the way. The first stretch is along Fighting Creek, but later on the road runs along Little River. You could finish the day off with a loop around Cades Cove and see what critters are out.

This is a pretty good drive, but it's much more enjoyable than fighting the mess they call Gatlinburg!
    Cade cove road is a one way road and at times it's very crowded with tourists. It can take a couple of hours to complete the loop around the Cades Cove Road. Take a day off to do this trip and enjoy the scenery. Take some time to hike to the falls and take some pictures. It's a good day trip. But if you only have a couple of hours to fish then avoid this road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cades Cove will not be accessible till March 1st. Laurel Creek road will be closed due the Bote Mountain Tunnel being repaired. You can go back towards Tremont and fish the prongs there. Don’t forget your trout license too. In Gatlinburg, you have to purchase permit on top of state license requirements. I’m not sure if the National Park has any special permits