Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland water conditions??

Plan on fishing Friday and was wondering if the lake has a lot of floating debris and how muddy the water is ? Thanks for any info 👍

Post Thanks / Like
    Were are you putting in? Makes a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday 1/13 I launched from the Halcomb's Landing ramp at the dam. I was only on the main lake for a brief period as I crossed it to go to Indian creek. I saw very little floating debris and what I did see was not that big. Water is 50* and clear but once you get 2/3 the way back in Indian it will pick up some color and as you go more up the creek it gets very heavy in color. However the extreme head was starting to run in clear at the main feeder on the left side at 76 falls. The colored water is abou 3-5* warmer...this was Monday during the day.

On Monday night where I live (about 25 miles from the dam) we got almost .5 inch of rain so that might push the color down a tad more. Heck I don't even know if they got the same rian we did because it can be a big difference in weather in 25 miles.

You never mentioned what part of the lake you were wanting to know about. As a pure guess on my part I suspect anything on the upper end to be very heavy in color and possible debris. Anything mid lake down should be good to go, but do expect the back 1/2 of the creeks to have color.

Post Thanks / Like
    fished monday in otter creek , water was muddy except for the very upper end , water temp was 55 to 52 in creek , caught lots of spots on a jig in the back of creek . went into indian creek at the end of the day and caught smallies on a 4 inch shakey head and a crawdad wiggle wart water temp was 50 to 52 in indian . lots of fun lots of fish but none over 3 . hope this helps and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate your guys post 👍

I was debating on where to put in? Conley is closer but it's normally muddier than the lower end. I was thinking about Jamestown area but Indian sounds pretty good?